Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Auto-contrast OpenVX sample in VAD

RSun9
New Contributor I

Hello again, more questions ... ;-)

I was able to run the auto-contrast OpenVX sample (part of the CV SDK sample package) in the command-line. I was also able to load and run the auto-contrast sample from the VAD GUI.

However, I can't repeat the last section, Understanding the Graph Performance with Vision Algorithm Designer (VAD), of the Auto-Contrast OpenVX Sample Developer Guide. I don't find the exact steps to display the timeline charts as shown in the last diagram.

My questions:

1. How do I display the timeline charts as shown in the aforementioned document? Do I need to install other tools such as VTune to do that?

2. When I click on menu "OpenVX/Analyze", I get a "New Analysis" window, which asks me for an analysis name. But whatever name I type, I always get an error "Analysis folder could not be created". I have a symbolic link under /opt/intel/cvsdk/vad, and a sub-folder under /opt/intel/cvsdk/vad/samples/auto_contrast. Both are owned by the user, not the root, but I still get the same error. I tried to input the path to my home directory, with the same error. How do get rid of this error?

Thanks,

Robby

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Robby,

Seems like a permission issue.

Please try to change the output directory in <VAD>/vadconfig/commonConfig.xml

The specified directory must have a write permission

<AnalysisPath  Path="./analysis"/>

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos
RSun9
New Contributor I

Hi, one more question regarding the VAD.

When I type the command `runvad.sh` to launch the VAD, there are a few messages that I don't understand. The messages are like this:

Could not parse application stylesheet
QObject::connect: No such slot FGDFramework::uc_handle_clear_highlights()
QObject::connect: No such signal FGDGraphScene::items_selected(QList<QGraphicsItem *>&)
[ INFO ] OpenCL build options: -DWORK_ITEM_XSIZE=4 -DWORK_ITEM_YSIZE=1 
[ INFO ] OpenCL build options: -DWORK_ITEM_XSIZE=1 -DWORK_ITEM_YSIZE=1 

The top three lines appear to be errors, though they don't seem to affect VAD's functionality, and I can run the VAD just fine. It'd still be nice to know what these messages mean and why they appear.

Thanks,

Robby

0 Kudos
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Robby, 

Good question!

these really do not interrupt VAD's functionality, they come from secondary SW tools VAD is working with. 

However, please give me some more time to explore exactly what is the reason for each one. 

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos