Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

C++ loading Core leads to memory exception

JRTritsch
Employee

I am trying to convert an application from computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456 to the latest openvino_2020.3.341 LTS release. 

I am able to run compile and run the demo inference. However I am having difficulty enabling the inference engine in a new project.

When I attempt to load the Core class there is a memory exception: 

#pragma once

#include <inference_engine.hpp>
#include <ie_core.hpp>

InferenceEngine::Core core; *Memory Exception

int main() {
std::cout << "core loaded" << "\n";
return 0;
}

*Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFC408D96C9 in Inference_VS2019.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: InferenceEngine::details::InferenceEngineException at memory location 0x000000C45D6FF5F0.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JRTritsch
Employee

Removing all related *.dll from the project folder and building from linked library seems to have fixed this.

The real fix was posting the question so that I would immediately find the problem. 

0 Kudos
niclas1992
Beginner

Hello, 

I have the same problem, ov::Core leads to a memory exception. But deleting the *.dll files from my project folder and just using setupvars.bat didn't solve the problem for me.

Can you specify what exactly you mean by "Building from linked library" please?

I installed openvino using the installer, the  other tools by the corresponding command line arguments declared on the website and the development tools with the command line tool as described on the website.

Regards

Niclas

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings.

Glad to know that you had found the solution.

If you have no further inquiries, shall I close this thread?

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
JRTritsch
Employee
0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos