Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

CMAKE-Error

fikri
Beginner

please help me i have a problem like this.

i am using CMake 3.21, Visual Studio 2019 with msbuild, python 3.6.5 , OpenVino Tool kit 2021.4.582 and processor AMD A9 7th

###############|| Generate VS solution for Inference Engine demos using cmake ||###############

Waiting for 0 seconds, press a key to continue ...
Creating Visual Studio 16 2019 x64 files in C:\Users\user\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_demos_build...
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.29.30038.1
-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 19.29.30038.1
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI.cmake:49 (try_compile):
Failed to open

C:/Users/user/Documents/Intel/OpenVINO/inference_engine_demos_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeLists.txt

Permission denied
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:26 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ABI)
CMakeLists.txt:16 (project)

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - failed
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/BuildTools/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.29.30037/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:53 (try_compile):
Failed to open

C:/Users/user/Documents/Intel/OpenVINO/inference_engine_demos_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeLists.txt

Permission denied

-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/BuildTools/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.29.30037/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe - broken
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:66 (message):
The C compiler

"C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/BuildTools/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.29.30037/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Users/user/Documents/Intel/OpenVINO/inference_engine_demos_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Users/user/Documents/Intel/OpenVINO/inference_engine_demos_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Error

thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport

Hi Fikri,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can I know which OpenVINO installation guideline you are following? Which specific test program you are trying to run? Please elaborate on your details workaround for us to have a clear understanding?

Meanwhile, this permission denied issue usually is due to the permission for the directory you are executing the program. Since you are using Windows, I would suggest two approaches to you:

• Open Command Prompt and run as Administrator.
  • Change to a directory that doesn't need Administrator rights to write to it, for example C:\Users\your-username\Desktop

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
fikri
Beginner

Thank you for answering.
the installation I followed was this:
https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.4/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html#set-the-environment-variables
demo program I use: .\demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat following the tutorial from this link : https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.4/openvino_docs_get_started_get_started_windows.html

I've tried reinstalling many times, I've tried using Visual studio 2017, Cmake 3.20 and 3.19 but the error is always the same. I've just tried also according to your advice, still not changing.I attach all the errors below. Please help me

Regards,

Fikri

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Fikri,

The demo_security_barrier_camera.bat is to verify your OpenVINO toolkit installation is completed. If you are unable to run the demo, your installation is not fully completed. Moreover, I just noticed you are using an AMD processor and as for now, Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ is officially supported by Intel Platform only which you may refer to this System Requirements.

From your screenshot, the warning that you got is the reason for the incomplete installation. There is no Intel Architecture Processor detected and OpenVINO cannot function as expected.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Fikri,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos