Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

CVAT serverless setup issue (nuctl deploy Error: Volume format)

Mukei
Beginner

Hi everyone,
I am trying to setup the Semi-automatic and Automatic Annotation.

• I am on OSX and have docker running locally and can use CVAT without trouble and nuclio is running.
  • nuclio 1.5.16 is setup correctly (can call from the CLI)
  • I could run the command nuctl create project cvat --platform local without trouble
  • ISSUE when running the below command
nuctl deploy --project-name cvat \                                                                                                               
  --path serverless/openvino/omz/public/yolo-v3-tf/nuclio \
  --volume `pwd`/serverless/common:/opt/nuclio/common \
  --platform local

Error - Volume format [/Users/username/OneDrive] not in the format of volume-src:volume-destination
    /nuclio/pkg/nuctl/command/deploy.go:263

Call stack:
Volume format [/Users/username/OneDrive] not in the format of volume-src:volume-destination
Failed to parse volumes
    /nuclio/pkg/nuctl/command/deploy.go:457
Failed config with complex args
    /nuclio/pkg/nuctl/command/deploy.go:158

any hint on the above?

Thank you in advance for your support!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

We'll further investigate this and get back to you asap

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Looking at the error you had encountered:

Error - Volume format [/Users/username/OneDrive] not in the format of volume-src:volume-destination

It seem that you are having a format conflict related to your volume.

You'll need to adjust the Volume format [/Users/username/OneDrive] to be tally with the format of volume-src:volume-destination /nuclio/pkg/nuctl/command/deploy.go:263

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Mukei
Beginner

Hi @Iffa_Intel ,

Thank you for your reply.

Not sure if I understand.

Are you telling me that my local hard drive format (`APFS System Snapshot • APFS (Encrypted)` in that case) is not identical to the format of the docker volume, hence it cannot work. So I have to change my local disk format from APFS to whatever is being used in the docker instance?

*FYI, the docker container is running on the same local hard disk/volume.

If the above understanding is right, that's unfortunately not an option to change my local volume format...
Let's say one of the option could be for me to plug an external HD and format the volume in a format similar to the docker instance,
how can I check the format volume of the docker instance? (sorry for the basic question...).

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Probably you can try that.

It would be great if you could raise your question directly to the CVAT GitHub as they would be the proper expert for CVAT.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Mukei
Beginner

Hi Iffa,

I tried through CVAT's Gitter before coming here, but it was without success and came here.

I'll try raising an issue on GitHub.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Noted & thanks.

There's not much that can be done from OpenVINO perspective regarding your CVAT issue. Hope you'll find the proper solution from the CVAT experts.

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since this issue is considered resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos