Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Calling GetAvailableDevices() in debug mode throws exception in ntdll.dll

Weitz__Ori
Beginner

OpenVino (2020.1.033), MS Visual Studio 2017.

GetAvailableDevices() throws an exception when running in debug mode (pressing F5, in either the debug or release configuration) from the Visual Studio dev env. Seems to be working fine when running without debugging (pressing ctrl-F5, or running from command line).  

The simplest way to recreate this is to run the hello_query_device sample in debug mode. In contrast, I am able to run the hello_classification sample and classify an image in debug mode without a problem. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Ori,

Can you provide the error logs, so that we can find the possible solutions for the issue.

Regards,

Ram prasad

0 Kudos
Weitz__Ori
Beginner

I'm not sure what you mean by the error logs. I only have an error message, not a log. I can log the visual studio activity but that pertains to the development environment itself not the debugged program.

The exception is thrown from KernelBase.dll and the error message is:

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFE7A4DA859 in hello_query_device.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: InferenceEngine::details::InferenceEngineException at memory location 0x0000006FBA5AD880.

Please note that I have set visual studio to break on all exceptions so the message is different from the one in my original post (ie, not in ntdll.dll). Now that the VS breaks on all exceptions, the hello_classify sample also breaks when debugging. It happens on line 84 in main.cpp, when calling network.setBatchSize(1) and resulting with a similar error message:

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFE7A4DA859 in hello_classification.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: InferenceEngine::details::InferenceEngineException at memory location 0x000000492E9BD4C0.

Again, if I ignore these exceptions the program runs fine.

Thanks,

Ori

0 Kudos
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Ori,

It seems to be an implementation detail with in ntdll.dll. It should not affect your application. In the Exception Helper, you can use the Except when thrown from feature to skip the exceptions.

Regards,

Ram prasad

0 Kudos