Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6418 Discussions

Can I compress a IR model from FP32 to FP16?

rrobin
Beginner

I have models in FP32 that I would like to compress to FP16. Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello Robin,

It is not possible to further transform an IR precision from FP32 to FP16 at the moment. However, our developer is working to enable this feature in future releases. Please refer to the Release Notes for updates.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello Robin,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Model Optimizer can convert all floating-point weights to FP16 data type. To compress the model, use the --data_type option:

mo --input_model INPUT_MODEL --data_type FP16

Sincerely,

Zulkifli 

0 Kudos
rrobin
Beginner

Thanks for the answer. Yes I know about that option. But o would like to convert the IR model. I don't have access to the models previous format, only the IR.

0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello Robin,

Sorry for the misinterpretation, I'm looking into this and will get back to you soon.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli

0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello Robin,

It is not possible to further transform an IR precision from FP32 to FP16 at the moment. However, our developer is working to enable this feature in future releases. Please refer to the Release Notes for updates.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli 

Zulkifli_Intel

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli

0 Kudos