Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Can not use GPU with OpenVINO apt install

Truong__Dien_Hoa
New Contributor II

I ran into a problem with apt install OpenVINO that I found from the instruction here https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_apt.html .

However, I can not load the GPU plugin. I got the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 1187, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.__cinit__
RuntimeError: Cannot find plugin to use: Tried load plugin : clDNNPlugin for device GPU,  error: Plugin clDNNPlugin cannot be loaded: cannot load plugin: clDNNPlugin from /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64: [CLDNN ERROR]. clGetPlatformIDs error -1001, skipping
cannot load plugin: clDNNPlugin from /opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine: Cannot load library '/opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine/libclDNNPlugin.so': /opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine/libclDNNPlugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory, skipping

The code to reproduce the problem is:

>>> from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IEPlugin
>>> plugin_dir='/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64'
>>> plugin = IEPlugin(device = 'GPU', plugin_dirs=plugin_dir)

List all in /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64 I got:

cache.json             libclDNNPlugin.so     libinference_engine_c_api.so        libinference_engine.so   libmyriadPlugin.so  pcie-ma248x.mvcmd  usb-ma2x8x.mvcmd cldnn_global_custom_kernels  libGNAPlugin.so     libinference_engine_nn_builder.so  libMKLDNNPlugin.so         myriad_compile     plugins.xml        vpu_custom_kernels              compile_tool             libHeteroPlugin.so  libinference_engine_preproc.so     libMultiDevicePlugin.so  myriad_perfcheck     usb-ma2450.mvcmd

Can anyone can help me on this problem,

Thank you,

DHoa

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

Thanks for reaching us. Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ is not a part of OpenVINO™ APT distribution. You can install it from the Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ GitHub repo.

Let us know in case of any other questions.

Regards,

Ram prasad

0 Kudos
Truong__Dien_Hoa
New Contributor II

Thanks your your response. I will try to install OpenCL and update if I need further information. By curiosity, I found that OpenVINO APT install the intel-openvino-ie-rt-gpu-ubuntu-bionic-2020.1.023 package, so it shoud support GPU by default right ? Why intel don't integrate the OpenCL package in the dependencies so that people don't need to manually install OpenCL.

Regards,

Hoa

0 Kudos