Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Can't run 114-quantization-simplified-mode notebook

Mostafa-
Employee

Hello Team,

I tried to test the quantization technique from 114-quantization-simplified-mode Jupyter file; 

https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino_notebooks/tree/main/notebooks/114-quantization-simplified-mode

but I got several error related to quantization and AUTO plugin.

Many Thanks,

Mostafa

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hairul_Intel

Hi Mostafa,

From my end, I was able to successfully ran the 114-quantization-simplified-mode and the Notebook file you've provided previously without any errors.

On another note, I was able to find a discussion regarding this issue on StackOverflow which has a similar error message as yours. From the discussion, it indicates that this issue is related with the PATH for pip installation.

You can run the following commands globally and inside of your virtual environment to verify whether the PATH for pip is working properly:

pip --version

python -m pip --version

Additionally, you can run the commands in Jupyter Notebook as follows:

pip.png

For your information, the module progress.bar is coming from progress pip package which is installed together with openvino-dev pip package.

Regards,

Hairul

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hairul_Intel

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I've validated from my end using the 114-quantization-simplified-mode together with the notebook file you've provided. Both notebook did not encounter any error and successfully produced an output as shown below:

result.png

Based on your error messages, it indicates multiple conflicts for Python dependencies or missing modules as shown below:

error.png

To avoid these errors, please install Jupyter Notebook inside a virtual environment as mentioned in OpenVINO Notebooks Windows Installation Guide to avoid conflict of Python dependencies.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Mostafa-
Employee

Hi Hairul,

I removed the old env environment, and installed Jupyter Notebook inside a virtual environment as mentioned in OpenVINO Notebooks Windows Installation Guide to avoid conflict of Python dependencies.

But I got several error in the same Notebook "114-quantization-simplified-mode" like;

!pot -q default -m $ir_model_xml -w $ir_model_bin --engine simplified --data-source $CALIB_DIR --output-dir compressed --direct-dump --name $MODEL_NAME
2022-05-26 12:53:14.256919: W tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:64] Could not load dynamic library 'cudart64_110.dll'; dlerror: cudart64_110.dll not found
2022-05-26 12:53:14.256947: I tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cudart_stub.cc:29] Ignore above cudart dlerror if you do not have a GPU set up on your machine.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\mostafao\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "C:\Users\mostafao\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "C:\Users\mostafao\Downloads\OpenVINO Trainings\notebook\openvino_env\Scripts\pot.exe\__main__.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "c:\users\mostafao\downloads\openvino trainings\notebook\openvino_env\lib\site-packages\openvino\tools\pot\app\run.py", line 26, in main
    app(sys.argv[1:])
  File "c:\users\mostafao\downloads\openvino trainings\notebook\openvino_env\lib\site-packages\openvino\tools\pot\app\run.py", line 37, in app
    config = Config.read_config(args.config)
  File "c:\users\mostafao\downloads\openvino trainings\notebook\openvino_env\lib\site-packages\openvino\tools\pot\configs\config.py", line 34, in read_config
    data = cls._read_config_from_file(path)
  File "c:\users\mostafao\downloads\openvino trainings\notebook\openvino_env\lib\site-packages\openvino\tools\pot\configs\config.py", line 30, in _read_config_from_file
    return read_config_from_file(path)
  File "c:\users\mostafao\downloads\openvino trainings\notebook\openvino_env\lib\site-packages\openvino\tools\pot\utils\config_reader.py", line 19, in read_config_from_file
    return json.load(f)
  File "C:\Users\mostafao\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\json\__init__.py", line 293, in load
    return loads(fp.read(),
  File "C:\Users\mostafao\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\json\__init__.py", line 357, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "C:\Users\mostafao\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\json\decoder.py", line 337, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "C:\Users\mostafao\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\json\decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

also;

Mostafa_0-1653562643200.png

I tried 

pip install progress-bar

but it did not work

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi Mostafa,

From my end, I was able to successfully ran the 114-quantization-simplified-mode and the Notebook file you've provided previously without any errors.

On another note, I was able to find a discussion regarding this issue on StackOverflow which has a similar error message as yours. From the discussion, it indicates that this issue is related with the PATH for pip installation.

You can run the following commands globally and inside of your virtual environment to verify whether the PATH for pip is working properly:

pip --version

python -m pip --version

Additionally, you can run the commands in Jupyter Notebook as follows:

pip.png

For your information, the module progress.bar is coming from progress pip package which is installed together with openvino-dev pip package.

Regards,

Hairul

Hairul_Intel

Hi Mostafa,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos