Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6473 Discussions

Cannot Init USB device: NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

SSong16
Beginner

Hello Everyone,

I have two Movidius Neural Compute Sticks 2 with the Myriad X VPU, one of them I got a few months ago, and another one I just got last week. The one which I got a few months back works fine however the new one that I just got doesn't seem to work.

I have OpenVINO toolkit installed on three different Operating System just to test it out. I have them installed on Windows 10, on Ubuntu 16.04, and another one on my Raspberry Pi. I tried running the demo inference on all 3 platforms, with my old compute stick and my new compute stick, and the old compute stick works on all 3. However, the new compute stick does not work on any of them, all give similar error output:

[ ERROR ] Can not init USB device: NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

Is there any additional steps I should do?

Or could this possibly mean that the product I got is a defect? Because it works fine on my old compute stick but it doesn't work on this new one that I just got. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sahira_Intel

Hi Sokha,

You likely have a defective unit since your other NCS is working in the same environment. 

If you purchased your NCS in the last 30 days, you can contact your original place of purchase and return or exchange. If it has been more than 30 days, we can process a warranty. Visit this page to submit a warranty request - you may need to create an account. 

Please let me know if this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Sahira 

0 Kudos