Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Cannot run OpenViNO samples/demos on Visual Studio

galligio
Novice

Hello everyone,

I've downloaded the OpenViNO toolkit on my Windows 10 machine and I've followed all the instructions for the installation. I've also tested it by running the .bat demos in the deployment_tools/demo folder. I've then successfully built the samples/demos using the corresponding .bat file, but when I try to run them in the Visual Studio solution Demos.sln a new window pops up telling me that "The code execution cannot proceed because opencv_*.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Same issue appears if I try to install the OpenViNO toolkit from the open source repo. In this case, in the Solution Explorer of the Visual Studio window, also a red dot appears next to every project telling 'ignored' when I hover it with the mouse.

The same issue arises with both Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio 2019.

Am I missing something?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@galligio  did you work with Visual Studio before? Usually, you need to set up environment and command line options for application, before you run it from Visual Studio, please refer to Visual Studio documentation for more details.

Vladimir_Dudnik_0-1633110588612.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@galligio  did you work with Visual Studio before? Usually, you need to set up environment and command line options for application, before you run it from Visual Studio, please refer to Visual Studio documentation for more details.

Vladimir_Dudnik_0-1633110588612.png

galligio
Novice

There was something wrong with the environment variables, my apologies.

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Vladimir_Dudnik,

Thank you for providing your solution in the community!

Hi Galligio,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos