Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Collective Knowledge packages and workflows for NCSDK and tinyYOLO

idata
Employee

Hello all,

Today we added new Collective Knowledge packages and sample workflows for Movidius Neural Compute Stick and tinyYOLO (image classification and object detection). Please check out the ReadMe with more details here: https://github.com/ctuning/ck-mvnc .This is a part of our community effort to unify and automate installation and execution of various DNN applications across different platforms. Hope it will be of any help!

Take care,

Grigori
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Good job, Thats useful.

does this support Raspberry Pi PiCam?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I don't have PiCam so couldn't test it - I used USB2 Logitech C525 webcam to test live ojbect detection example on my RPi3. If PiCam uses OpenCV for interfacing, I guess it should also work … If you will decide to test it, may I ask you to tell me if it works, please - I will then update my notes! Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@gfursin Sure i will test it and let you know tomorrow.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

works on my Dell laptop with Ubuntu 17.04. very convenient. thanks!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What if i have already install ncsdk? should i skipp installing it through ck?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Never mind my last comment.

Anyways i tried to run it using PiCam i stuck here

[INFO/ForkPoolWorker-1] process shutting down [DEBUG/ForkPoolWorker-1] running all "atexit" finalizers with priority >= 0 [DEBUG/ForkPoolWorker-1] running the remaining "atexit" finalizers Process ForkPoolWorker-1: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.5/multiprocessing/process.py", line 249, in _bootstrap self.run() File "/usr/lib/python3.5/multiprocessing/process.py", line 93, in run self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3.5/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 103, in worker initializer(*initargs) File "/home/pi/CK-TOOLS/demo-mvnc-yolo-linux-32/yoloNCS/py_examples/object_detec$ graph.LoadTensor(resize(frame/255.0,dim,1)[:,:,(2,1,0)].astype(np.float16), 'u$ TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for /: 'NoneType' and 'float' [INFO/ForkPoolWorker-1] process exiting with exitcode 1 [DEBUG/MainProcess] cleaning up worker 0 [Level 5/MainProcess] finalizer calling <built-in function close> with args (18,) $ [DEBUG/MainProcess] added worker [DEBUG/ForkPoolWorker-3] Queue._after_fork() [DEBUG/ForkPoolWorker-3] Queue._after_fork() [INFO/ForkPoolWorker-3] child process calling self.run()

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @GoldenWings,

I saw this error once when OpenCV was not properly installed, i.e. when I installed it myself instead of using the one from ncsdk.

The thing is that there is no check that something is really returned from your camera via OpenCV in the python code taken from https://github.com/gudovskiy/yoloNCS/blob/master/py_examples/object_detection_app.py . So if frame = video_capture.read() is None, the code will fail as in your case.

During reinstalling ncsdk on RPi3 (you can do it either via CK or manually - CK can automatically detect if you already have it installed) I was asked to install OpenCV (took around 2 hours to complete) and it worked fine then.

Also, I guess you use latest Raspbian Stretch (https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian), right?

Alternatively, you can try to run internal Movidius examples (just invoke "ck run program:demo-mvnc-yolo --cmd_key=run-internal-movidius-examples") - if OpenCV is not properly installed, I think the script in ncsdk will ask you to (re)install OpenCV. You can then try to test your PiCam with some other sample python3 program to see if it can actually read the stream …

Hope it will help you!

0 Kudos