Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Compile errors with OpenVINO 2019 on MacOS 10.14

Dang_Tran__Frederic

Hi:

I'm trying to install OpenVINO 2019 on a macOS 10.14.6 machine following the instructions provided on this page:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_macos.html

But when I execute the  image classification verification script (demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh), I see a flurry of C++ compile errors (see attached file). There is definitely something wrong with my environment but I cannot figure out what.

cmake version: 3.0.2
xcode 11.3
Apple clang version 11.0.0

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for reaching out. The following error makes me believe there is an issue with your CMakeversion, could you install CMake 3.4 or higher? See the software requirements on the Getting Started Guide for OpenVINO Toolkit for Mac OS.

CMake Warning (dev): Policy CMP0042 is not set: MACOSX_RPATH is enabled by default. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0042" for policy details. Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

MACOSX_RPATH is not specified for the following targets:

format_reader

ie_cpu_extension

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Jesus 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for reaching out. The following error makes me believe there is an issue with your CMakeversion, could you install CMake 3.4 or higher? See the software requirements on the Getting Started Guide for OpenVINO Toolkit for Mac OS.

CMake Warning (dev): Policy CMP0042 is not set: MACOSX_RPATH is enabled by default. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0042" for policy details. Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

MACOSX_RPATH is not specified for the following targets:

format_reader

ie_cpu_extension

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Jesus 

0 Kudos
Dang_Tran__Frederic

I upgraded cmake to version 3.16 and the problem is settled.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

I'm glad that worked for you, thanks for reporting back!

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Ibecheozor__Ugochukw

Hi:

I'm also trying to install OpenVINO 2019 on a macOS Catalina 10.15.2  machine following the instructions provided on this page:

When I execute the  image classification verification script (demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh), I see a flurry of C++ compile errors (see attached file). There is definitely something wrong with my environment but I cannot figure out what.

cmake version 3.16.2

0 Kudos
Wang__Yuan
Beginner

Hi

You can try to update the code on 

/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.133/deployment_tools/inference_engine/ samples/common/samples/common.hpp:64:

change these two lines

s.erase(s.begin(), std::find_if(s.begin(), s.end(), std::not1(std::ptr_fun<int, int>(std::isspace))));
s.erase(std::find_if(s.rbegin(), s.rend(), std::not1(std::ptr_fun<int, int>(std::isspace))).base(), s.end());

to:

s.erase(s.begin(), std::find_if(s.begin(), s.end(), [](int c) { return !std::isspace(c); }));
s.erase(std::find_if(s.rbegin(), s.rend(), [](int c) { return !std::isspace(c); }).base(), s.end());

0 Kudos