Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Compute stick not recognised

MrPMorris-gmail-com
I bought an Intel Neural Compute Stick 2.

I expected to find drivers for Windows, but all I could find was this download that has no installer exe

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/openvino-toolkit/download.html?PACKAGE=OPENVINO_GENAI&VERSION=v_2024_2_0&OP_SYSTEM=WINDOWS&DISTRIBUTION=ARCHIVE

When I run samples that list available devices the stick is not listed.

Can anyone help?

Also, is this stick going to perform better or worse than my Nvidia RTX 3060 laptop graphics card?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi MrPMorris-gmail-com,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For your information, OpenVINO™ toolkit 2024 releases no longer support Intel® Movidius™ VPU which includes the Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 (Intel® NCS2).

The latest supported OpenVINO™ release for Movidius™ VPU is the 2022.3.2 LTS, as mentioned in the 'Major Features and Improvements Summary' section in the OpenVINO™ Toolkit 2022.3 LTS Release Notes page. You can download the OpenVINO™ 2022.3.2 LTS here and refer to the guide on how to Install OpenVINO™ Runtime on Windows.

You should be able to view the NCS2 as an available device when you run the Hello Query Sample C++.

On the other hand, NCS2 is a USB plug-and-play AI device for deep learning inference at the edge that can be used for prototypes with low-cost edge devices. We are unable to provide any benchmark for comparison to your GPU as it is not officially supported. You can check out the System Requirements section in the Release Notes.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi MrPMorris-gmail-com,

Thank you for your question. This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a suggestion. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos