Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Could not create an nGraph Constant for an ONNX Constant node.

andife
Novice

Hello,

I'm trying to execute a custom onnx model with openvino (openvino 2021.4.2).

I use 

ie = IECore()

exec_net = ie.load_network(network=r'xxx.onnx', device_name=args.device)

I got the following messages

[WARN] 2022-09-06T10:43:16z frontend/onnx_import/src/op/constant.cpp 35
Could not create an nGraph Constant for an ONNX Constant node. Constant with a 0 value was created instead.
Verify if the ONNX Constant node contains a correct number of elements matching the node's shape.
Detailed error:
Check 'values.size() == 1 || values.size() == shape_size(m_shape)' failed at core/include/ngraph/op/constant.hpp:59:
While validating node 'v0::Constant Constant_2671 () -> (f32{})' with friendly_name 'Constant_2671':
Did not get the expected number of literals for a constant of shape Shape{} (got 0, expected 1).

What does that warning mean? Can someone provide an explanation in more understandable words? Does is depend on the onnx version?

According to [Bug]Could not create an nGraph Constant for an ONNX Constant node. Constant with a 0 value was created instead. · Issue #6762 · openvinotoolkit/openvino (github.com)
this could be a problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Andife,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Referring to this GitHub thread, the error you encountered: “Could not create an nGraph Constant for an ONNX Constant node. Constant with a 0 value was created instead” was due to there is no value for a Constant node in the ONNX model.

The ONNX importer will create a Constant with value ‘0’ instead. For more information, please refer to Pull request here for more information.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Andife,

Thanks for your question.

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided information. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Best regards,

Wan

0 Kudos