Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

DRAM access of NCS2 during Inference

V_B__Anakha
Beginner

Hi, 

Is there a way to know the DRAM access for any network during the inference using MYRIAD Plugin ? 

I would appreciate any help on this. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
V_B__Anakha
Beginner

To be more specific, I am looking for any memory bandwidth profiling possible with OpenVINO toolkit.

Is it possible to separate out the time required for the computation and memory access using the OpenVINO toolkit?

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear V B, Anakha,

We don't have an OpenVino specific tool that will accomplish memory profiling but we do have Intel VTune that offers memory profiling features. Please check this article Memory Access Analysis article for VTune out. VTune is a separate product from OpenVino so you'd have to download it separately.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
V_B__Anakha
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. 

But can this tool be used for memory profiling while running the NCS2 in MYRIAD mode? It looks like for CPU mode to me. 

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear V B, Anakha

Oh shoot. You are right. Vtune will not help you analyze MYRIAD memory for sure. But it will help you analyze CPU memory (host memory) while NCS2 runs inference. You mentioned DRAM access - I assumed DRAM access on the host.

We do not specifically have a memory analyzer for the MYRIAD  device unfortunately.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos