Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Debugging OpenVINO Python applications

Leini__Mikk
Beginner

I'm trying out OpenVINO on Windows and would like to do some Python based development. It's easy to take a random editor and from command line run the code, but now i'd like to debugging some of my own Python code also. I tried Visual Studio Code. The problem is that "setupvars.bat" has to be called prior to debugging and there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. I created a "preLaunchTask" and it calls the batch file but in different context. The VS code makes it's own call afterwards, something like this:

PS C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.445\inference_engine\samples\python_samples> cd 'c:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.445\inference_engine\samples\python_samples'; ${env:PYTHONIOENCODING}='UTF-8'; ${env:PYTHONUNBUFFERED}='1'; & 'C:\Python36_64\python.exe' 'c:\Users\Mikk\.vscode\extensions\ms-python.python-2018.12.1\pythonFiles\ptvsd_launcher.py' '--default' '--client'
'--host' 'localhost' '--port' '61638' 'c:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.445\inference_engine\samples\python_samples\classification_sample.py'

If there would be a way to inject "C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk\bin\setupvars.bat &" prior to this call it should work...

Anyway - I started wondering if there's some "official" or suggested way for this? Or can somebody share their method?

0 Kudos
0 Replies