Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community support and discussions about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all things computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
5532 Discussions

Device with "CPU" name is not registered in the inference's on CPU

ROCK
Novice

Hi,i'm trying to run gesture_recognition_detection on raspberry pi 4 by using NCS2.

gesture_recognition_detection is combine of two xml download on https://download.01.org/opencv/2020/openvinotoolkit/2020.4/open_model_zoo/models_bin/1

and the model i use are:

1. asl-recognition-0004

2.person-detection-asl-0001

and type following to execute:

python3 gesture_recognition_demo.py \
-m_a /home/user/asl-recognition-0004.xml \
-m_d /home/user/person-detection-asl-0001.xml \
-i 0 \
-c ./msasl100-classes.json

i have check that PATH is currect. But it keep showing error "Device with "CPU" name is not registered in the inference's on CPU"

do anyone know why error occur? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ROCK
Novice

btw i have change the code like this:

-i 0 \
-d MYRIAD -c ./msasl100-classes.json

and the problem would be:

RuntimeError:Failed to compile layer "376/variance/Fused_Add_" : number of biased must equal to number of output channels per group, but :channels per group=1,biased=16

Rizal_Intel

Hi Rock,

You would need to add the argument

-d MYRIAD

for it to work.

It would then select the Neural Compute Stick 2 as to perform the inference. The default device is CPU but the Pi 4 is using ARM architecture which is not compatible with OpenVINO CPU plugin which focuses on Intel processors (which use the x86/AMD64 architecture).

Regards,

Rizal

ROCK
Novice

Thanks for your reply.

I had already add the argument in  code like :

-i 0 \
-d MYRIAD -c ./msasl100-classes.json

and the problem would be:

RuntimeError:Failed to compile layer "376/variance/Fused_Add_" : number of biased must equal to number of output channels per group, but :channels per group=1,biased=16

do anyone know how to deal with it ?

ROCK
Novice

Sorry again...

I found that the new one reply in 10:02 PM is incorrect. Can MOD help me to delet it?

And th reply that i posted in 09:40 PM was the truely problem i got.

Adli

Hi ROCK 123,

I have replicated this case and got the same error. We are investigating this issue and will come back to you soon.

Regards,

Adli

Adli

Hi ROCK 123,

Thank you for waiting. The 'asl-recognition' model and 'person-detection-asl' model are not supported on MYRIAD. The models are only supported on CPU and GPU. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Adli

Adli

Hi ROCK 123,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Adli