Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community support and discussions about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all things computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Where are the python samples for OpenVino ?

demoacct01
Beginner

Hi,

I git clone https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino.git.

Then I built it.

I would like to execute the python script for object detection demo yolov3 as shown in this link:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2019_R1/_inference_engine_ie_bridges_python_sample_object_detection...

I am unable to locate the python source.

python3 object_detection_demo_yolov3_async.py -h

What am I missing ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Adli

Hi demoacct01,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 'object_detection_demo_yolov3_async' is located in the 'open_model_zoo' folder. It is not created during the 'build from source (GitHub)' installation. You are required to cloned Open Model Zoo repo and place it in the 'deployment_tools' directory.

Please note that 'object_detection_demo_yolov3_sync' has been replaced with 'object_detection_demo' in OpenVINO 2012.2 release.

Feel free to reach out if you require any help.

Regards,

Adli

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi

Moving this question to Openvino forum for faster resolution.

Thanks

Arun

Adli

Hi demoacct01,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 'object_detection_demo_yolov3_async' is located in the 'open_model_zoo' folder. It is not created during the 'build from source (GitHub)' installation. You are required to cloned Open Model Zoo repo and place it in the 'deployment_tools' directory.

Please note that 'object_detection_demo_yolov3_sync' has been replaced with 'object_detection_demo' in OpenVINO 2012.2 release.

Feel free to reach out if you require any help.

Regards,

Adli

View solution in original post

demoacct01
Beginner

Thanks.  You have solved my problems.

Adli

Hi demoacct01,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Adli