Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Where are the python samples for OpenVino ?

demoacct01
Beginner

Hi,

I git clone https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino.git.

Then I built it.

I would like to execute the python script for object detection demo yolov3 as shown in this link:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2019_R1/_inference_engine_ie_bridges_python_sample_object_detection_demo_yolov3_async_README.html

I am unable to locate the python source.

python3 object_detection_demo_yolov3_async.py -h

What am I missing ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Adli

Hi demoacct01,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 'object_detection_demo_yolov3_async' is located in the 'open_model_zoo' folder. It is not created during the 'build from source (GitHub)' installation. You are required to cloned Open Model Zoo repo and place it in the 'deployment_tools' directory.

Please note that 'object_detection_demo_yolov3_sync' has been replaced with 'object_detection_demo' in OpenVINO 2012.2 release.

Feel free to reach out if you require any help.

Regards,

Adli

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi

Moving this question to Openvino forum for faster resolution.

Thanks

Arun

Adli

Hi demoacct01,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 'object_detection_demo_yolov3_async' is located in the 'open_model_zoo' folder. It is not created during the 'build from source (GitHub)' installation. You are required to cloned Open Model Zoo repo and place it in the 'deployment_tools' directory.

Please note that 'object_detection_demo_yolov3_sync' has been replaced with 'object_detection_demo' in OpenVINO 2012.2 release.

Feel free to reach out if you require any help.

Regards,

Adli

demoacct01
Beginner

Thanks.  You have solved my problems.

0 Kudos
Adli

Hi demoacct01,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos