Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

[ ERROR ] AssertionFailed: inputs.size() == 1

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am setting up raspberry PI along with the Movidius NCS stick. I am referring to the setup in https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_

When I try to run the example face detection model, I get the following error.

[ ERROR ] AssertionFailed: inputs.size() == 1

When I try the OpenCV example, the error looks like this

cv2.error: OpenCV(4.0.1-openvino) /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/dnn/src/op_inf_engine.cpp:553: error: (-215:Assertion failed) Failed to initialize Inference Engine backend: AssertionFailed: inputs.size() == 1 in function 'initPlugin'

Can someone help me?

Praveen

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi @tpp6me,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like you may have missed initializing the OpenVINO™ Toolkit environment variables, I was able to reproduce the problem and initializing the variables fixed it for me. Execute source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh. In the Install OpenVINO™ toolkit for Raspbian* OS guide under the Set the Environment Variables section, there is an Optional step to permanently set the environment variables so that you don't have to worry every time a new terminal window/tab is used.

Also the openvino_fd_myriad.py sample code found under the Run Inference of Face Detection Model Using OpenCV* API section, in the sample code, line 10 frame = cv.imread('/path/to/image') make sure you add the path to your image (i.e. '/home/pi/Pictures/face.png'). Don't forget to also include the network files (i.e. 'face-detection-adas-0001.xml' and 'face-detection-adas-0001.bin') in the same directory as the openvino_fd_myriad.py file. Let me know if the issue persists, hope this helps resolve your issue.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos