Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

[ ERROR ] Can not init Myriad device: NC_ERROR

Mario73
Beginner

Hello,

I've installed on Windows the OpenVino version 2020.3 LTS because it is the last one that still supports the old Movidius NCS (not NCS2, the previous version). The installation went smoothly and all the demos work fine on the CPU. However, when it comes to the NCS I'm not able to run anything except for the hello_query demo, which is able to get the NCS as a device. For all the other demos I always get the following message:

[ ERROR ] Can not init Myriad device: NC_ERROR

I've already tried everything I could without luck. Please suggest what I can do. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi Mario,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I have successfully run the Benchmark App and Interactive Face Detection C++ Demo on the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick (NCS1) without any errors. I share my results here:

Benchmark App:

benchmark myriad.png

Interactive Face Detection Demo:

interactive face demo myriad.png

However, I receive the same error as yours when running both Benchmark App and Interactive Face Detection C++ Demo simultaneously as shown here:

error.png

Please ensure that the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick (NCS1) is not being used by other samples or demos to avoid this error.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Mario,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a suggestion. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos