Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Error 4: when compiling TF-model with tanh activation

idata
Employee

I tried to compile two very basic models that I created in Keras and then saved as a TensorFlow model (I followed this guide).

First I had a model which used the LeakyReLU from Keras. Trying to compile this model using mvNCCompile I got the following error log:

mvNCCompile v02.00, Copyright @ Intel Corporation 2017 ****** Info: No Weights provided. inferred path: tf_model.data-00000-of-00001****** tf_model.meta 2019-03-18 16:44:01.272627: I tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:141] Your CPU supports instructions that this TensorFlow binary was not compiled to use: AVX2 FMA No Bias [Error 5] Toolkit Error: Stage Details Not Supported: leaky_re_lu_1/LeakyRelu/mul

So I did a quick search on which activations are supported by NCSDK and found _tanh_ should be supported due to these release notes.

I trained a new model, now using _tanh_ as activation. But this time I got the following error log:

mvNCCompile v02.00, Copyright @ Intel Corporation 2017 ****** Info: No Weights provided. inferred path: tf_model.data-00000-of-00001****** tf_model.meta 2019-03-27 09:19:38.161469: I tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:141] Your CPU supports instructions that this TensorFlow binary was not compiled to use: AVX2 FMA No Bias [Error 4] Toolkit Error: Stage Type Not Supported: Tanh

Please help me with that, as I don't know how to work around that error.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @martin-online

Which version of the NCSDK are you using?

The top and bottom blobs have different names right? Can you attach your model here so I can take a look at it please?

Best Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Sahira_at_Intel ,

thanks for your reply!

I'm using the NCSDK version 2.10.01.01.

That's the model.summary() of the simple model with tanh activation in the "activation_1" and softmax in "activation_2".

Layer (type) Output Shape Param #

=================================================================

dense_1 (Dense) (None, 8) 328

activation_1 (Activation) (None, 8) 0

output (Dense) (None, 3) 27

activation_2 (Activation) (None, 3) 0

=================================================================

Total params: 355

Trainable params: 355

Non-trainable params: 0

Input: []

Output: []