Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maffei__Davide
Beginner

Error Stopped shape/value propagation at "Postprocessor/Cast" node" IR conversion

Configuration:

• anaconda python 3.6.8
  • tensorflow gpu 1.14
  • CUDA 10.0
  • openvino_2019.1.144

I'm trying to convert a trained model for object detection with Intel Myriad X with Tensorflow based on pre-trained ssd v2 inception. I've successfully trained starting from files of the model downloaded in tar.gz from here https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_MO_DG_prepare_model_convert_model_Convert_Model_From_T...

I would recognize 5 new classes, so I added and labelled my images, created all right files and trained with python scripts from /tensorflow/models/object_detection :

python train.py --logtostderr --train_dir=./data_inception_v2 --pipeline_config_path=./data_inception_v2/ssd_inception_v2_coco.config

Then Exported the frozen graph with the chekpoint of my custom trained model

python export_inference_graph.py --input_type image_tensor --pipeline_config_path ./data_inception_v2/ssd_inception_v2_coco.config --trained_checkpoint_prefix ./data_inception_v2/model.ckpt-10000 --output_directory ./inference_graph/inception_v2/

Now for converting model to IR I've tried almost every option in mo_tf.py The error given by the system is

python mo_tf.py --input_model /home/siemens/Desktop/object_detection_retraining/inference_graph/inception_v2/frozen_inference_graph.pb --tensorflow_object_detection_api_pipeline_config /home/siemens/Desktop/object_detection_retraining/inference_graph/inception_v2/pipeline.config --tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config ./extensions/front/tf/ssd_v2_support.json --output="detection_boxes,detection_scores,num_detections" --output_dir /home/siemens/Desktop/object_detection_retraining/openvino/inception_v2 --reverse_input_channels --input_shape [1,300,300,3]
Model Optimizer arguments:
Common parameters:
    - Path to the Input Model:     /home/siemens/Desktop/object_detection_retraining/inference_graph/inception_v2/frozen_inference_graph.pb
    - Path for generated IR:     /home/siemens/Desktop/object_detection_retraining/openvino/inception_v2
    - IR output name:     frozen_inference_graph
    - Log level:     ERROR
    - Batch:     Not specified, inherited from the model
    - Input layers:     Not specified, inherited from the model
    - Output layers:     detection_boxes,detection_scores,num_detections
    - Input shapes:     [1,300,300,3]
    - Mean values:     Not specified
    - Scale values:     Not specified
    - Scale factor:     Not specified
    - Precision of IR:     FP32
    - Enable fusing:     True
    - Enable grouped convolutions fusing:     True
    - Move mean values to preprocess section:     False
    - Reverse input channels:     True
TensorFlow specific parameters:
    - Input model in text protobuf format:     False
    - Path to model dump for TensorBoard:     None
    - List of shared libraries with TensorFlow custom layers implementation:     None
    - Update the configuration file with input/output node names:     None
    - Use configuration file used to generate the model with Object Detection API:     /home/siemens/Desktop/object_detection_retraining/inference_graph/inception_v2/pipeline.config
    - Operations to offload:     None
    - Patterns to offload:     None
    - Use the config file:     /opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/./extensions/front/tf/ssd_v2_support.json
Model Optimizer version:     2019.1.1-83-g28dfbfd
The Preprocessor block has been removed. Only nodes performing mean value subtraction and scaling (if applicable) are kept.
WARNING: Logging before flag parsing goes to stderr.
E0630 21:50:09.085493 139859473712896 infer.py:178] Cannot infer shapes or values for node "Postprocessor/Cast".
E0630 21:50:09.085652 139859473712896 infer.py:179] 0
E0630 21:50:09.085696 139859473712896 infer.py:180]
E0630 21:50:09.085741 139859473712896 infer.py:181] It can happen due to bug in custom shape infer function <function Cast.infer at 0x7f33388b49d8>.
E0630 21:50:09.085775 139859473712896 infer.py:182] Or because the node inputs have incorrect values/shapes.
E0630 21:50:09.085806 139859473712896 infer.py:183] Or because input shapes are incorrect (embedded to the model or passed via --input_shape).
E0630 21:50:09.086285 139859473712896 infer.py:192] Run Model Optimizer with --log_level=DEBUG for more information.
E0630 21:50:09.086350 139859473712896 main.py:317] Exception occurred during running replacer "REPLACEMENT_ID" (<class 'extensions.middle.PartialInfer.PartialInfer'>): Stopped shape/value propagation at "Postprocessor/Cast" node.
 For more information please refer to Model Optimizer FAQ (<INSTALL_DIR>/deployment_tools/documentation/docs/MO_FAQ.html), question #38.

I've tried also different times with different machines, using Tensorflow as virtualenv or with Anaconda but the problem still remain. On mo_tf.py i've tried different option parametrs, like you can see in the code above, but the error still remain and is related to a "Stopped shape/value propagation at "Postprocessor/Cast" node.

Attached i put the --log_level DEBUG output, maybe can help  to understand the problem.

I've tried to convert to IR other models, like for image classification tasks and the tool works correctly. I think that all is installed fine, I've done it 5 or 6 times becaouse of this problem...

Can you help me?

I have to change something in config file? the node "Postprocessor/Cast" is not supported? I've to change something in training?

Do you need some other information?

Please, I have spent many hours on this project and I don't know what else I can do..

Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maffei__Davide
Beginner

Please someone has some ideas about question up ?

Hi Davide,

Model Optimizer only supports up to Tensorflow 1.12 today.

Also, we recommend using Tensorflow for CPU.

So you can try installing these out of conda in a separate python virtual environment. This is provided as an option while installing model optimizer > install_prerequisites >  install_prerequisites*.sh followed by venv. This is provided as an option while installing model optimizer > install_prerequisites >  install_prerequisites*.sh followed by venv.

Chen__Birdson
Beginner

Hi Davide,

I also got a problem for converting my customized ssd model to IR.

Do you have found the solution about this issue?

Thanks.