Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Error in header files risen by Visual studio 2019

RIMLINGER__Hugo
Beginner

Hello everybody, I am currently trying to build and execute a code I found on OpenVino 2020 toolkit demos called "hello_classifier".

When building my project, i get errors from a external header resource called "win_shared_object_loader.h"

the error is :  

State Error    C2664    'HMODULE LoadLibraryW(LPCWSTR)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'LPCSTR' to 'LPCWSTR'

After some researches, I found that this error is due to a conversion type not allowed by Visual Studio compiler.

One solution was to go into Configuration Properties > Advanced and to turn Character Set property from '''Use Unicode Character Set' to ''Use Multy-bytes Character Set'' or '''No Set'

The problem is that is, when making these changes, I get even more errors of type: 

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    LNK2019    unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateDefaultAllocator referenced in function "protected: virtual class std::shared_ptr<class InferenceEngine::IAllocator> const & __thiscall InferenceEngine::TBlob<unsigned char,struct std::enable_if<1,void> >::getAllocator(void)const " (?getAllocator@?$TBlob@EU?$enable_if@$00X@std@@@InferenceEngine@@MBEABV?$shared_ptr@VIAllocator@InferenceEngine@@@std@@XZ)    test    C:\Users\OPENVINO\source\repos\test\test\Source.obj    

I tried to find an answer to this error but I haven't found anything intersting and some help would be welcomed!

Thank you all by advance for your time!

Hugo RIMLINGER.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Hugo,

Have you set the include directories and import libraries required for the project?

If yes, please provide the complete logs. So that it will be helpful to find the exact issue.

Regards,

Ram prasad

0 Kudos