Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community support and discussions about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all things computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
5856 Discussions

Error in loding IR which has dynamic_axis in original onnx model

TarunM
Beginner

I successfully converted my ONNX model to IR, but I am now getting error while reading the network in Inference Engine.

dec_net = ie.read_network(model=dec_xml, weights=dec_bin)
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 293, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.read_network
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 315, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.read_network
RuntimeError: low_alpha has zero dimension which is not allowed

The orginal onnx model has dynamic_axes  at index 1for inputs low_alpha and high_alpha. 

I need dynamic axes because input shapes are variable for these two parametes.

I have tested the model works perfectly fine using ONNX model and onnuxruntime. So there is something wrong with openvino or I am doing something wron. Please help.

Attached are the IR and onnx

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi TarunM,

Thanks for reaching out. I have tested your model on Benchmark application and encountered the same issue. We are still investigating this and will get back to you with the information soon.

Regards,

Aznie

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi TarunM,

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately, we have confirmed with the developer that dynamic shapes/axes using OpenVINO are yet to be supported in the current version.

Regards,

Aznie

TarunM
Beginner

I just saw the newer version of OpenVino is out (2021.4) . How to solve this problem using that?

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi TarunM,

We apologize to you. These dynamic shapes/axes features are not yet supported in the 2021.4 release and targeted to be released in OpenVINO 2022.1.

Regards,

Aznie

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi TarunM,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie