Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Error in running an OpenVino sample

Tithi
Beginner

Hello,

I am able to download and convert the alexnet model but I get this error when I run the file:

RuntimeError: Check 'false' failed at C:\Jenkins\workspace\private-ci\ie\build-windows-vs2019\b\repos\openvino\src\frontends\common\src\frontend.cpp:54:
Converting input model

Any help in this regard will be appreciated!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hairul_Intel

Hi Tithi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I've validated from my end by building the Image Classification Async C++ Sample and running the sample with Alexnet model. Here is the command for running the sample:

classification_sample_async.exe -m alexnet\FP16\alexnet.xml -i bird1.jpg

and here's the classification result:

bird.png

On another note, could you please provide the following information:

1. Your OpenVINO™ version.
  2. The OpenVINO™ sample that you are running.
  3. Commands used to run your OpenVINO™ sample.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Tithi
Beginner

Hello Hairul!

Thank you for your response, it solved my error and I am able to run the file now. Although the command gets executed without any error, I am unable to see the classification results. Here's a screenshot. I ran the command sent by you in my cmd, it took me to VS Code where I run the following command as per the usage instructions: 

.\classification_sample_async.py -m alexnet.xml \ -i bird1.jpg \ -d GPU

Following is what it shows after I run this command.

Tithi_0-1668785405755.png

Also, to your previous questions:

1.  I am using OpenVino version 2022.

2.  I am trying to run the Image Classification Async Python which is present in the samples folder of the openvino_2022 package.

3.  Following is the series of commands that I have used:

> py -m pip install openvino-dev[caffe,onnx,tensorflow2,pytorch,mxnet]

> omz_downloader --name alexnet

> omz_converter --name alexnet

> py classification_sample_async.py -m alexnet.xml -i banana.jpg car.bmp -d GPU

I was getting the error in the last command, which was resolved by using the command that you sent.

Please let me know if you have anything for my current error, I am able to execute the code but the result is not visible.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi Tithi,

Thank you for sharing your information.

From the image that you've provided, I noticed that you are running the sample in Windows Powershell. I've validated from my end by running the sample in Windows Powershell and there are no output results showing:

powersshell.png

Please note that the OpenVINO™ samples needs to be ran in Windows Command Prompt (cmd.exe) to print the results. Here is the classification results from running the sample in Windows Command Prompt:

cmd.png

Refer to the Image Classification Async Python* Sample for more information on running the sample.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi Tithi,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Tithi
Beginner

Thank you!

0 Kudos