Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Error message while running test scripts after installing Openvino Toolkit

Krukrubo__Lawrence

Hi guys,

I have successfully installed Openvino on my Windows OS, I first installed or downloaded the required libraries and versions just as specified on the installation page.

The only problem shows up when I try to run any of the demos test scripts.  I get a Build Inference Engine samples using MS Visual Studio (MSBuild.exe) Error.

It says something about an imported project not found in my file directory. 

Kindly see attached screenshot of the error and please help me fix this. 

Openvino_Error_message_screnshot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Lawrence,

It looks like the script cannot find MSBuild, could you verify you installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 with Desktop development with C++, Universal Windows Platform development, and MSBuild?

Could you also share the CMake and Python versions installed?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Krukrubo__Lawrence

The message clearly says:-  The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\MSB
       uild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\MSBuild\Microsoft\
       VC\v160\\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Truth is I have Microsoft Visual Studio 16 2019 installed with the latest version of CMake:- CMake version 3.16.2

CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake).

and python 3.7 all installed.

So I don't get why the installation is trying to import a folder that does not exist.

I used the default installation folder and changed nothing.

I don't get what is wrong here and it's pretty frustrating.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Lawrence,

Could you try installing CMake (64-bit) version 3.14 as stated in the documentation?

NOTE: If you want to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2019, you are required to install CMake 3.14.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos