Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Error running example app on ncappzoo

idata
Employee

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a nc stick and I am running into an error while trying to run the example apps. Specifically, the genderagelbp.

I am receiving the following error:

cp gendernet.graph gendergraph/graph;\n cp agenet.graph agegraph/graph;\n ./compile.sh;\n no videoio library\n Created cpp/genderagelbp executable\n making run age cd cpp; ./gender_age_lbp age; cd ..; MVNC device 0 name: 2 Successfully opened MVNC device2 Num of NCS connected: 1 Successfully Allocated Age graph for MVNC device OpenCV Error: Assertion failed (size.width>0 && size.height>0) in imshow, file /build/opencv-SviWsf/opencv-2.4.9.1+dfsg/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp, line 269 terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception' what(): /build/opencv-SviWsf/opencv-2.4.9.1+dfsg/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp:269: error: (-215) size.width>0 && size.height>0 in function imshow   Aborted (core dumped)

Running Ubuntu 16.04 on virtual box.

NCSDK V1

Any help appreciated.

Lee

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

@leeroy It seems that maybe you do not have a USB/web camera connected. This example uses a webcam for live inference so please make sure you have a web camera or usb camera connected and try again. By default, the camera source is set to device 0, you can try adjusting this value to 1 if 0 does not work for you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel Hi, I encounter the same issue even after running it by replacing define CAM_SOURCE by a 1 instead of 0. trying to find out if it is not coming from the cpp videocapture function but I'm not a cpp user. Any idea?

By the way the prototype is running very well on a computer, this issue is really raspberry pi related.

Cheers
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@leeroy Hi, don't know if you figured out how to handle this but in case here is what I've found.

It looks like the error comes from opencv installation. I managed to get rid of it by reinstalling opencv following this tutorial.

@Tome_at_Intel On an other hand, I managed to run the entire make all and make run for the gender_ager example on the raspberry pi but I have the following issue:

After Successfully Allocated both Gender and Age grahs, I have a quick display of the camera and then the script stopped saying : "Segmentation fault".

Maybe you have an idea of where it comes from ?

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@malonzo Can you try recloning the ncappzoo from the githuub repo and try again? There was an issue with the gender_age_lbp app, but a fix was added. I can confirm that it works on my Pi.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel Indeed, recloning the ncappzoo fixes the issue, thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@malonzo :)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi guys,

Great timing on my part as i've just got the spare time to return to this problem. That seems a very complex way to install openCV. Although the openCV version i previously installed was an older version as instructed by pyimagesearch. I will try a fresh install on my pi today and see how things go.

Thanks for the help guys,

Lee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I've the same issue with the last version of the appzoo (ncsdk2 branch). Actually Opencv is waiting for a camera plugged in an usb port and so don't consider the piCamera. You can easily simulate an usb camera with the piCamera by running

sudo modprobe bcm2835_v4l2

before launching gender_age_lbp

0 Kudos