Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6402 Discussions

Error while compiling demo for speech recognition for centos

kushagra_mittal
Beginner

Hi,

I am facing an error while demo_speech_recognition application is being compiled for the centos.

The error occurs when speech_library_app.cpp.o is being compiled.

I have attached the screenshot for reference. 

Can anyone please let me know the reason for this error and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Munesh_Intel

Hi Kushagra,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are investigating this issue, and will get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
kushagra_mittal
Beginner

Hi @Munesh_Intel ,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there an update on this issue?

Best Regards,

Kushagra

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Kushagra,

Thank you for waiting, and our apologies for the delay.

We were able to build demo_speech_recognition for CentOS without any errors.

As such, we would like to check if you have all the prerequisites installed, as per

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.1/openvino_docs_IE_DG_Samples_Overview.html#build_samples_linux

They are:

• CentOS 7.6 64-bit
  • GCC 4.8.5 (for CentOS 7.6)
  • CMake version 3.10 or higher

We would also like to know the following:

• Which OpenVINO version have you installed (and from what source)?
  • Are you able to run the verification demos (demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh or demo_security_barrier_camera.sh) without errors?

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
kushagra_mittal
Beginner

Hi,

I checked the pre-requisites and they match the requirements for openvino.

The version being used is: 2020.4.287
We were able to run other demos as well.

Please note we are not trying to rung the sample application.
We try to rung the demo present under "deployment_tools" directory for speech recognition which is supposed to download the application and run a demo.
It is that one that causes an error.

Is it possible that it can be checked.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Kushagra,

We'll investigate this issue and get back to you.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Kushagra,

In the meantime, would you please help to check if this issue is also seen in Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit 2021.2 (which has just been released today)?

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Kushagra,

We've replicated your issue, were able to run the ./demo_speech_recognition.sh script under deployment_tools/demos.

I would suggest you try running the same demo with OpenVINO 2021.2. If you still face the same issue then, please furnish us with the entire output when running the script.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
kushagra_mittal
Beginner

Hi,

Could please check the 2021.2 version. I downloaded it and it does not have the speech recognition demo.

I have attached the screenshot for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Kushagra

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Kushagra,

We are checking this issue, and will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Kushagra,

Apologies for the delay and thank you for waiting.

For OpenVINO toolkit built from source, the Developer team have acknowledged this case as a bug and they are currently working on a fix. Meanwhile, as a workaround you could use Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit instead of open source version.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Kushagra,

With regards to the speech recognition demo in open source OpenVINO, the script uses 3rd party libraries and currently we haven't got an approval to use this code in the open source version.

As such, the speech recognition demo is so far available in Intel binary releases only for Ubuntu 18.04 & Windows.

We have a note mentioning this in the following page:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_inference_engine_samples_speech_libs_and_demos_Speech_libs_and_demos.html

"Intel® distributions of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Linux OS and Windows OS provide a set of libraries and demos to demonstrate end-to-end speech recognition, as well as new acoustic and language models that can work with these demos." 

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Kushagra,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided references and solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos