Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

FPGA installation problem

YTsen4
Beginner

Currently,  I got a Mustang-F100-A10 FPGA,but I have no idea how to install it correctly. 

https://www.ieiworld.com/mustang-f100/en/

I have followed the steps in the following link:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_VisionAcceleratorFPGA_Configure_2019R1.html

However, I did not continue USB Blaster part since I cannot find the pins like it in first part step 14. It is already wrapped into the package.

Thus, the following information is about my installation steps: 

Current OpenVINO Version:l_openvino_toolkit_fpga_p_2019.1.144

Driver version installed by using AOCL command :a10_1150_sg1

Installation description:
    According to Official Intel OpenVINO website:
https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_VisionAcceleratorFPGA_Configure_2019R1.html

First: Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer and Tools Standard Edition 18.1 (File name:Quartus-18.1.0.625-linux-complete.tar)

Second:Express fpga_support_files.tgz file and use source /home/<user>/Downloads/fpga_support_files/setup_env.sh under root user to setup environment variable.

The system is a brand new Ubuntu, and thus it has never installed any BSP, so I skip this step.

Third:Under fpga_support_files folder, install required library by typing ./install_openvino_fpga_dependencies.sh

In this process, I chose the following options:
3) Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA (IEI Mustang-F100-A10)

y) NEO OpenCL GPU driver

n) Movidius Neural Compute Stick

n) Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs card

Fourth: set Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer environmental variable
export QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=/home/<user>/intelFPGA/18.1/qprogrammer

Then, I skipped the USB Blaster steps to OpenCL™ devices installation part:
In order to using aocl command for installing driver, I typed
source /home/<user>/Downloads/fpga_support_files/setup_env.sh

The driver version in fpga_support_files is a10_1150_sg1.

After I rebooted the server, and I typed source /home/<user>/Downloads/fpga_support_files/setup_env.sh to check if the FPGA is successfully installed by using aocl diagnose to verify it.

However, aocl diganose always failed, and the following info is the result of aocl diagnose:

Warning:

No devices attached for package:

/opt/altera/aocl-pro-rte/aclrte-linux64/board/a10_1150_sg1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vendor: Intel(R) Corporation

Found no active device installed on the host machine.

Please make sure to :

1. Set the environment variable AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT to the correct board package.
  2. Install the driver from the selected board package.
  3. Properly install the device in the host machine.
  4. Configure the device with a supported OpenCL design.
  5. Reboot the machine if the PCI Express link failed.

DIAGNOSTIC_FAILED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could anyone helps me to get out of this problem? Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Tseng, Yuan-Che

Perhaps you need to figure out how to connect the USB blaster, then you can program the BSP, after which the board can then be found.  I know this can be tricky !

I believe the board should have a BSP out of the factory, but I’m not sure which version, in which case I don’t know why the board can’t be found.

But at least if you program the BSP, you should be good to go !

Hope it helps,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Tseng, Yuan-Che,

Hopefully the following picture and documentation will assist you:

I’ve attached a photo, and circled the port in green. Please kindly attach your USB Blaster to that port.

header.jpg

Thanks for your patience !

Shubha

0 Kudos