Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Failed to run "End to end video analytics end2end_video_analytics_ie Demo" on Visual Studio 2015

zero__heisenburgzero

Hello, I've been trying to get the demo working under Windows 10 in Visual Studio 2015.

It seems the application is failing to open "cars_768x768.h264". Is there a problem with the OpenCV version under OpenVino folder?

If I can't just use the prebuilt libraries, do I need to rebuilt the opencv under openvino folder? Is there any concrete steps, I couldn't find them anywhere.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear zero, heisenburgzero,

Most of our customers are on Visual Studio 2017, although Visual Studio 2015 is certainly supported. If you suspect the OpenCV which comes with OpenVino, you can replace it. Study the following lines in your bin\setupvars.bat:

:: OpenCV
if exist "%INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR%\opencv\setupvars.bat" (
call "%INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR%\opencv\setupvars.bat"
) else (
set "OpenCV_DIR=%INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR%\opencv\x64\vc14\lib"
set "PATH=%INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR%\opencv\x64\vc14\bin;%PATH%"
)

Also take a look at C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\ope\nvino_2019.1.087\opencv\setupvars.bat

Many people on this forum have done this actually (replaced the OpenCV inside OpenVino with a new one).

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
zero__heisenburgzero

Thank you Shubha. I managed to get an Opencv version working with Openvino.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear zero, heisenburgzero -

Great to hear ! Thanks for reporting back.

Shubha

0 Kudos