Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Failing to load MKLDNNPlugin.dll

aag
Novice

Hello,

I'm running the same exact OpenVino-based programs on two machines. One runs fine. Another one crashes while loading MKLDNNPlugin.dll.

Tracing both in Process Monitor, I see that both attempt and fail to find libmalloc.dll. However, in case of success, tbbmalloc.dll is loaded next. In case of failure, there never is an attempt to load it.

The failure case does run on an a bit older hardware. Is there a way to determine what's failing, and work around it? Best I can tell, hardware is the only difference in the two test cases. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi Alex,

Can you please provide more specifications for each system? Can you also provide the error messages you are getting?

Best Regards,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
aag
Novice

The "broken" system is an older CPU -- i5 3470.

As an additional data point, our code based on OV 2019 works on that system. I suspect it has to do with CPU extensions being moved into the binary, rather than compiled from source. If this is the case, seems like a regression ...

0 Kudos
aag
Novice

I'd like to reiterate -- the breakage occurs in ie.AddExtension call. The error is 

Cannot load library 'MKLDNNPlugin.dll': 1114 from cwd: [dirname]

I think it is critical that the error occurs immediately after a failed lookup for libmalloc.dll, while in case of success tbbmalloc.dll is searched for and used. What would be the difference allowing this lookup?

Also, where is libmalloc.dll supposed to come from? It doesn't seem to be a part of either OpenVino distribution, or Intel compiler redistributable package.

0 Kudos
aag
Novice

Seems like a bug -- https://github.com/opencv/dldt/issues/387 -- but no current workarounds ...

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi Alex,

Thank you for providing more information. I will escalate this to engineering and will let you know if there is any further information.

Best Regards,
Sahira 

0 Kudos
aag
Novice

Hey guys, it's been three weeks. Any updates?

0 Kudos
Hern__Yee
Novice

I believe the \inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll has BUG. 

While \inference_engine\bin\intel64\Debug\MKLDNNPlugind.dll  is working well. 

I testing on the C++ smart class room demo and found out if i Compile it in DEBUG, the compiled program will work. 

BUT if i compile it in RELEASE, it will show cannot find MKLDNNPlugin.dll error. 

0 Kudos