Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

FileNotFoundError

wwwww
Beginner

Hi I am new to OpenVINO

Using the README.md in

OPENVINO -> deployment_tools -> inference_engine -> demos -> action_recognition_demo -> python

After initializing the OpenVINO environment, I tried to run the application action_recognition_demo.py with the command 

python action_recognition_demo.py -h

But got the following

FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\openvino_2021\\python\\python3.8\\openvino\\libs'

Can someone shed light on how this can be resolved?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Have you run <INSTALL_DIR>\bin\setupvars.bat script, which set up PYTHONPATH for OpenVINO python apps and PATH for native apps?

0 Kudos
wwwww
Beginner

Hi 

Yes, I did run the setupvars.bat script before I tried the demo.  

Thank you

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hello wwwww,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

There are some issues for Python 3.8 to work in OpenVINO™ 2021.3. This issue has been fixed and will be available for the next distribution release which is OpenVINO™  2021.4.

For now, there are three options for you:

Option 1: Downgrade the Python version to Python 3.7.

Option 2: Wait for the release of OpenVINO™ 2021.4, which is coming soon.

Option 3: Download the OpenVINO™ GitHub version and compile it for windows by following this WIKI.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hello wwwww,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos