Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

GStreamer support on OpenCV

Artych__Rafał
Beginner

I am using latest Openvino toolkit on Linux with Python.

I need to use the GStreamer pipeline in cv.VideoCapture(), but the OpenCV is built without GStreamer support.

Is there simple way to replace the OpenCV library without damaging Openvino installation?

Do I need to compile OpenCV from source or some packages are available for Ubuntu?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Artych, Rafał,

Please redirect your OpenCV questions to this forum:

https://answers.opencv.org/questions/

The current Intel Developer Zone forum is meant for OpenVino questions related to Model Optimizer and Inference Engine.

And yes, it's super easy to drop in a new OpenCV into the OpenVino package. The key is setting OpenCV_DIR appropriately. More details here:

https://github.com/opencv/open_model_zoo/blob/master/demos/README.md

Many customers have used different versions of OpenCV with their OpenVino installation. Doing so will not break anything.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Rafał,

I am trying to understand how you want to create a video analytics pipeline, are you doing input->decode->inference?

If you want to use OpenCV as the integration framework, you can check OpenCV document as Shubha directed.

If you want to stick on GStreamer, we have a Gstreamer plugin for OpenVINO:

https://github.com/opencv/gst-video-analytics

Mark Liu

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

OpenCV in OpenVINO should be built with GStreamer support, please check whether you have "libopencv_videoio_gstreamer.so" in "<openvino>/opencv/lib" directory.

0 Kudos
Artych__Rafał
Beginner

Thank you for all comments and suggestions.

What I actually do is applying Openvino analytics on "headless" machine - it needs to get video stream from remote camera and output results to remote displays.

According to getBuildInformation() results OpenCV is built without GStreamer support, but have FFmpeg library available.

I have managed to capture RTP stream, but there is lack of information about setting FFmpeg library parameters from OpenCV (I know it is OpenCV related issue).

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

According to getBuildInformation() results OpenCV is built without GStreamer support, but have FFmpeg library available.

Are you sure you are using OpenCV from OpenVINO? I have following output in the latest package (2020.1 / Ubuntu 18):

Video I/O:
    FFMPEG:                      YES
      avcodec:                   YES (57.107.100)
      avformat:                  YES (57.83.100)
      avutil:                    YES (55.78.100)
      swscale:                   YES (4.8.100)
      avresample:                YES (3.7.0)
    GStreamer:                   YES (1.14.5)
    v4l/v4l2:                    YES (linux/videodev2.h)
    Intel Media SDK:             YES (/mnt/nfs/msdk/lin-18.4.1/lib64/libmfx.so) 

0 Kudos