Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

HDDL Deploy on Windows

Hsu__Alloy
Beginner

Hello,

I try to deploy HDDL plugin in my windows program. When I loading HDDL plugin, Openvino will automotive launch hddldaemon.exe and pop-up a command-line tool via autoboot.exe.

How to disable the autoboot.exe pop-up windows?

My program using c++ with VS2015 x64.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Munesh_Intel

Hi Alloy,

Autoboot is a standalone complex two-stage process, which is launched when the hddldaemon starts.

The two stages are as follows:

1. Load firmware to the Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU before the VPU boots.

2. Open the Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU.

Autoboot loads the firmware to the Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU to simplify the device-managing logic in the hddldaemon. Therefore, the hddldaemon doesn’t handle the first VPU boot stage, and only interfaces with the VPU after the firmware is loaded.

As such, do not close autoboot.exe console app or interrupt autoboot process, and please wait for autoboot process to finish by the defined timeout.

For more information, I’m sharing ‘Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with the Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU’ file for your perusal. Information about Autoboot process is available from pages 8 till 18.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Hsu__Alloy
Beginner

Hi Munesh,

Thank you for your reply. I have full understand hddldaemon.exe. I try to develop business software and don't want the program to have behavior like jumping out of the console app. This seems very unprofessional.

Does Intel have plan to build a Windows service or Driver to replace jumping out a console app?

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Alloy,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are checking with the proper team to see how to address your enquiry.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos