Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

HDDL Plugin with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

catriona
Beginner

Hello,

I attempt to run OpenVINO demos with HDDL plugin using OpenVINO 2021.1 and Ubuntu 20.04, but get the following error:

Cannot load library '/opt/intel/openvino_2021/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libHDDLPlugin.so': libjson-c.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libjson-c.so.3 was included in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, but was replaced by libjson-c.so.4 in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Also, I had to install IEI Reset software for Ubuntu 18.04, as there is no version available for Ubuntu 20.04.

Based on the above, I conclude that HDDL plugin does not currently support Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Is that correct? And if yes, could you let me know when Ubuntu 20.04 will be supported or what else I could possible do to run HDDL plugin in Ubuntu 20.04.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Munesh_Intel

Hi Catriona,

Greetings to you.

The officially supported OS for Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ Vision Processing Units (VPU) is Ubuntu 18.04 long-term support (LTS), 64-bit (Linux Kernel 5.2 and below).

For future support, we do not have any information regarding the timeline, but we can tell you that developers are working on enabling support for more OpenVINO components in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Catriona,

I’ve tested HDDL Plugin using Image Classification verification script for Intel® Movidius™ VPUs in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, and it works fine.

Please install dependencies for HDDL plugin following the configuration guide given below

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.2/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux_ivad_vpu.html#configuration_steps

and verify using Image Classification verification script.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.2/openvino_docs_get_started_get_started_linux.html#image_classification_demo_script

Please note that while the HDDL plugin works with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, the officially supported OS is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Catriona,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos