Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Help with building samples

Younossi__Najeeb
Beginner

Hi,

I am new to OpenVino and am in the process of setting up OpenVino on a laptop running Ubuntu 16.04.

I have followed the instructions to the point where I have successfully run the demos (car barrier camera).

I am now trying to build the samples but cannot find the build directory under /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples

I have run the demos multiple times but it appears the build folder is not being generated by default. 

Can anyone please help with what I am missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Najeeb, 

in Ubuntu, you are free to choose where to place the build folder. 

From this folder, you need to Cmake, using the following line:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release <path_to_inference_engine_samples_directory>

To compile the samples, then type make (always from this build folder you chose). The samples will be inside this build folder under the intel64/ReleaseThis information can be found in our documentation: computer_vision_sdk_2018.3.343/deployment_tools/documentation/docs/SamplesOverview.html

Best, 

Severine

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Najeeb, 

in Ubuntu, you are free to choose where to place the build folder. 

From this folder, you need to Cmake, using the following line:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release <path_to_inference_engine_samples_directory>

To compile the samples, then type make (always from this build folder you chose). The samples will be inside this build folder under the intel64/ReleaseThis information can be found in our documentation: computer_vision_sdk_2018.3.343/deployment_tools/documentation/docs/SamplesOverview.html

Best, 

Severine

0 Kudos
Younossi__Najeeb
Beginner

Thanks a lot. That did the trick. 

0 Kudos