Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

How can I access the encoding API to make use of this hardware feature?

CLong14
Beginner

We/our customer has been unable to find any support in the SDK for video encoding for Myriad X and has been told that the "MDK" is required but we've been unable to locate the MDK. 

On a related note - does this need to be presented as raw video or can it take already compressed video and/or packaged as IP?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi CLong14,

This is not possible on the Intel NCS 2 with the OpenVINO Toolkit. However, the OpenVINO toolkit works with the Intel MediaSDK which includes encoding and decoding operations.

Take a look at this link for additional information:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/the-openvino-toolkit-and-the-intel-media-sdk-part-1

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi CLong14,

Thanks for reaching out! This forum is specific to the Intel Neural Compute Sticks.

I have send you a private message requesting additional information.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
CLong14
Beginner

Thanks Jesus,

I would be interested in your answer to the same questions on the NCS hardware as it may change our approach.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi CLong14,

This is not possible on the Intel NCS 2 with the OpenVINO Toolkit. However, the OpenVINO toolkit works with the Intel MediaSDK which includes encoding and decoding operations.

Take a look at this link for additional information:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/the-openvino-toolkit-and-the-intel-media-sdk-part-1

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Aydar_MR
Beginner

Does this mean we can enable HW accelerated encode/decode capabilities of the Myriad X /Movidius Stick 2 VPU? Or the Intel Media SDK would just enable the same on the host computer?

0 Kudos