Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

How do I build libcpu_extension.so file isolated from omz_demos_build

ininder__gg
Beginner

Hi sir it's me again.

I'm using object_detection_demo_yolov3_async sample to build my own project. I want to minimize the install packages for using openvino so I tried to remove all the dependecies, only remained opencv and openvino .

So far the only *.so files I need in openvino are :

1. libinference_engine.so

2. libcpu_extension.so

libinference_engine.so would be automatically generated when installing the openvino, However, the only way to get the libcpu_extension.so is using the build_demos.sh to build all the demo projects then link it ( But I don't want those demos ). Is there any pure makefile I can just build a libcpu_extension.so without those demos?

I'm using openvino2019.2.275 in ubuntu 18.04

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear ininder, gg,

No such "ready made" Makefile exists. But keep in mind all of the  libcpu_extension.so code  is under here (and there is a CMakeList.txt there also).

https://github.com/opencv/dldt/tree/2019/inference-engine/src/extension

Studying the embedded CMakeLiist.txt you should be able to figure out how to build libcpu_extension.so standalone.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
naserpiltan
Beginner

@shubha R hello and hope you have good time.

when i run build_demos.sh in demos folder , i have inference_engine_demos_build folder in my home directory but there is no libcpu_extension.so 

file in any of my folders. why can not build this library ? Do i have to do more things ?

Thank you

0 Kudos