Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

How to build "standalone" app (for Windows) using demo app sample source code in openVINO toolkit?

SHK
Employee

Hi,

How to build "standalone" app (for Windows) using sample demo app source code in openVINO toolkit?

I could build & run sample demo apps in openVINO toolkit. However, these executables are not standalone image and lots of library should be exists in same computer.

I want to copy only demo app executable and pre-trained model to another computer for demo preparation.

Rgds, SHK

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rizal_Intel

Hi SHK,

Building a "standalone" app would require to use the libraries as static links.

I have tried to do this and have yet to succeed.

I am not sure whether static linking everything is possible.

Alternatively, you could try packing the executable with its required dll files and it should be able to run.

Try placing the executable in an empty folder and try running it without setupvars.

Then try running it and it will show errors of missing dlls.

I used Search Everything software to locate the dll files, you can try using the same or any other file indexing tools.

After all the dll files are included, try running the executable again to make sure it is able to run.

When it is able to run, put your model and input file in the same folder and zip it.

The final result should be a zip file containing everything that is required to run the demo.

Regards,

Rizal

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rizal_Intel

Hi SHK,

Building a "standalone" app would require to use the libraries as static links.

I have tried to do this and have yet to succeed.

I am not sure whether static linking everything is possible.

Alternatively, you could try packing the executable with its required dll files and it should be able to run.

Try placing the executable in an empty folder and try running it without setupvars.

Then try running it and it will show errors of missing dlls.

I used Search Everything software to locate the dll files, you can try using the same or any other file indexing tools.

After all the dll files are included, try running the executable again to make sure it is able to run.

When it is able to run, put your model and input file in the same folder and zip it.

The final result should be a zip file containing everything that is required to run the demo.

Regards,

Rizal

SHK
Employee

Good idea! Thanks for your support! -SHK

0 Kudos
Rizal_Intel

Hi SHK,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Rizal

0 Kudos