Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

How to evaluate the accuracy of the detection using object_detection_demo.py?

IDPBY
Beginner

Hi, 

I used the object_detection_demo.py (https://docs.openvino.ai/latest/omz_demos_object_detection_demo_python.html) to perform the inferencing of my model. However, I am not sure that will the inference accuracy using object_detection_demo.py match with the results of the Accuracy Checker (https://docs.openvino.ai/latest/omz_tools_accuracy_checker.html)?

Are both Accuracy Checker and object_detection_demo.py utilizing the similar inference engine? Can I use the Accuracy Checker to evaluate my inference result of object_detection_demo.py?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi IDPBY,

Thanks for reaching out.

The Accuracy checker is unable to check the accuracy result from the demo. However, the Accuracy Checker is able to evaluate your models. You need to install the required frameworks that are supported with the Accuracy Checker based on your model.

Check out Accuracy Checker Sample for the example. The result should be as below:

accuracy_checker.JPG

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IDPBY
Beginner

Hi @IntelSupport ,

Is there any method that I can use to check accuracy result from the object_detection_demo.py?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi IDPBY,

Unfortunately, there is no other method available in OpenVINO to measure the accuracy except for the Accuracy Checker tool.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi IDPBY,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos