Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

How to write custom layers extensions for ONNx Models

Raza__Ghulam_Jilani

If you have a model which you translated from Pytorch to ONNX, and has custom layers in  it, can you write custom layer extensions for model optimizer and IE in the same way like TF,Caffe and MXNET? becasue there is no mention of this in OpenVino guides, so had to ask.

Thanks ,

Raza

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Raza,

Thanks for reaching out. It should be possible to write custom layer extensions with ONNX similar to TF/Caffe. We are working on updating the documentation, I will see if I can get a time estimate. 

Could you share some information about your use case and I will provide feedback to the team? Let me know if you would like to send this privately and I will start a private message.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Raza__Ghulam_Jilani

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for reaching out. Actually I am trying to convert my own implementation of YOLO3 from pytorch to IR format. One way i read in the docs was to convert it to onnx first and then to IR. But there is no doc for writing custom layer extensions for onnx and also if you could add a tutorial for converting custom pytorch models, that would be great.

Raza

0 Kudos
Muaz__Urwa
Beginner

Any updates on this ?

0 Kudos