Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

I am interested in knowing if anyone has setup OpenVino for Neural Compute Stick 2 ,either in windows 10 or Linux OS

SDhim3
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @SDhim3​ ,

Thanks for reaching out. There are definitely many people that have setup the OpenVINO™ toolkit for the Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 on both Windows* 10 and Ubuntu* 16.04. If you need help getting started I'd suggest to take a look at this guide https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/get-started-with-neural-compute-stick, or if you are having issues with your setup please let us know so we can better assist you.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @SDhim3​ ,

Thanks for reaching out. There are definitely many people that have setup the OpenVINO™ toolkit for the Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 on both Windows* 10 and Ubuntu* 16.04. If you need help getting started I'd suggest to take a look at this guide https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/get-started-with-neural-compute-stick, or if you are having issues with your setup please let us know so we can better assist you.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

SDhim3
Beginner

so post setting up openvino on windows & ubuntu

I picked action recognition example to run using NCS2:

While running the code on windows,getting below error:

File "ie_api.pyx", line 85, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.load_network

File "ie_api.pyx", line 92, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.load_network

RuntimeError: Can not init Myriad device: NC_ERROR

Not sure what is wrong,can anyone help?

Below is the Program Call with Parameters:

python action_recognition.py -m_en action-recognition-0001-encoder.xml   -m_de action-reocgnition-0001-decoder.xml  -i inputVideo.mp4 -d MYRIAD

looks like Device is not getting detected.

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @SDhim3​ ,

On the list of steps, have you configured Neural Compute Stick USB Driver for both environments? Also, have you tested that your installation is working properly? If not done so, I would suggest to follow Step 3 and Step 4 of the getting started guide for your device here https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/get-started-with-neural-compute-stick.

Also, may I ask which version of the OpenVINO™  toolkit are you using? Please let me know, I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

0 Kudos
SDhim3
Beginner

I am using w_openvino_toolkit_p_2019.2.242  on both Windows and Ubuntu(16.04 LTS)

Step 3 ran successfully

Connected NCS 2

Upon Executing Step4 on Ubuntu:

cd ~/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/demo

./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh -d MYRIAD

Following Error was generated:

E: [ncAPI] [522745] [classification_] ncDeviceOpen:844 Failed Connection to device(1.2-ma2480) with error 7

[ERROR] Can not init Myriad device: NC_ERROR

Error on or near line 239;exiting with status 1

0 Kudos
SDhim3
Beginner

Upon Running the same program in Windows 10:

Following Error was generated:

###############|| Build Inference Engine samples using MS Visual Studio (MSBuild.exe) ||###############

Waiting for 0 seconds, press a key to continue ...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\MSBuild.exe" Samples.sln /p:Configuration=Release /t:classification_sample_async /clp:ErrorsOnly /m

Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.2.37902+b5aaefc9f for .NET Framework

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Error

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @SDhim3​,

Are you running Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine? If you are, there are additional steps that need to be completed. Please make sure your USB3.0 controller is enabled, you have installed the Extension Pack, and you have configured the USB filters for the NCS.

Regarding the Windows error, I am having trouble finding a solution since there isn't much information as to how to get there. Please share additional information that could help me reproduce the problem.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

0 Kudos
SDhim3
Beginner

Yes, on a Virtual Machine,I had done all the necessary steps for the USB to get recognized , It gets recognized, but upon running the program, name of device gets changed to Intel Corporation VSC Loopback Device[0100]

However it is running fine on Ubuntu now, I Added Both Devices in USB Filter:

• Movidius Ltd. Movidius MyriadX[0001]
  • Intel Corporation VSC Loopback Device[0100]

For Windows,

I have installed CMAKE,PYTHON and Visual Studio 2019

I will share the full execution log ,which is getting printed in console, maybe that can help to understand ,and debug.

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @SDhim3​ ,

I am glad your Ubuntu VM is now working, some users are unaware of such filters and run into that issue every once in a while. I am glad this resolved your problem.

As far as your Windows 10 environment goes, is this running on a VM as well? I noticed you installed Visual Studio 2019, did you install it with MSBuild? Also don't forget to install the Model Optimizer dependencies as explained here. Another thing to keep in mind too is to make sure you initialize the Environment Variables using the bash script provided in the installation as shown here. Once your installation is complete, please also verify that is working using the demo scripts.

I hope this helps you. If you continue to run into issues with your Windows 10 environment, please share your environment details and as much information as possible so I can try to reproduce the problem and better assist.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

0 Kudos
SDhim3
Beginner

Yes i have

Ran demo in Windows 10:

Here is the detailed Log:

target_precision = FP16

Python 3.7.4

ECHO is off.

PYTHONPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\python\python3.7;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\python\python3;C:\Python37_64bit;C:\Python37_64bit\Scripts;C:\Python37_64bit\Tools;

[setupvars.bat] OpenVINO environment initialized

INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino

Python 3.7.4

ECHO is off.

Requirement already satisfied: pyyaml in c:\users\sadhiman\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (5.1.1)

Requirement already satisfied: requests in c:\users\sadhiman\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (2.18.4)

Requirement already satisfied: idna<2.7,>=2.5 in c:\users\sadhiman\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (from requests) (2.6)

Requirement already satisfied: urllib3<1.23,>=1.21.1 in c:\users\sadhiman\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (from requests) (1.22)

Requirement already satisfied: chardet<3.1.0,>=3.0.2 in c:\users\sadhiman\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (from requests) (3.0.4)

Requirement already satisfied: certifi>=2017.4.17 in c:\users\sadhiman\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (from requests) (2019.6.16)

WARNING: You are using pip version 19.2.1, however version 19.2.2 is available.

You should consider upgrading via the 'python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

Download public squeezenet1.1 model

Models have been loaded previously. Skip loading model step.

Model path: C:\Users\sadhiman\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\models\FP16\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.prototxt

python "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\tools\model_downloader\downloader.py" --name squeezenet1.1 --output_dir C:\Users\sadhiman\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\models\FP16 --cache_dir C:\Users\sadhiman\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\cache

###############|| Downloading topologies ||###############

========= Retrieving C:\Users\sadhiman\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\models\FP16\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.prototxt from the cache

========= Retrieving C:\Users\sadhiman\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\models\FP16\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.caffemodel from the cache

###############|| Post processing ||###############

========= Replacing text in C:\Users\sadhiman\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\models\FP16\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.prototxt =========

squeezenet1.1 model downloading completed

Waiting for 5 seconds, press a key to continue ...

Target folder C:\Users\sadhiman\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP16\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe already exists. Skipping IR generation with Model Optimizer.

If you want to convert a model again, remove the entire C:\Users\sadhiman\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP16\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe folder.

Waiting for 7 seconds, press a key to continue ...

###############|| Generate VS solution for Inference Engine samples using cmake ||###############

Waiting for 3 seconds, press a key to continue ...

Creating Visual Studio 16 2019 x64 files in C:\Users\sadhiman\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build...

-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.22.27905.0

-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 19.22.27905.0

-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.22.27905/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe

-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.22.27905/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe -- works

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

-- Detecting C compile features

-- Detecting C compile features - done

-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.22.27905/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe

-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.22.27905/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe -- works

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done

-- Detecting CXX compile features

-- Detecting CXX compile features - done

-- Check size of __int32

-- Check size of __int32 - done

-- Found InferenceEngine: C:/Program Files (x86)/IntelSWTools/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/Release/inference_engine.lib (Required is at least version "2.0")

-- Performing Test HAVE_CPUID_INFO

-- Performing Test HAVE_CPUID_INFO - Success

-- Host CPU features:

--  3DNOW not supported

--  3DNOWEXT not supported

--  ABM not supported

--  ADX supported

--  AES supported

--  AVX supported

--  AVX2 supported

--  AVX512CD not supported

--  AVX512F not supported

--  AVX512ER not supported

--  AVX512PF not supported

--  BMI1 supported

--  BMI2 supported

--  CLFSH supported

--  CMPXCHG16B supported

--  CX8 supported

--  ERMS supported

--  F16C supported

--  FMA supported

--  FSGSBASE supported

--  FXSR supported

--  HLE supported

--  INVPCID supported

--  LAHF supported

--  LZCNT supported

--  MMX supported

--  MMXEXT not supported

--  MONITOR supported

--  MOVBE supported

--  MSR supported

--  OSXSAVE supported

--  PCLMULQDQ supported

--  POPCNT supported

--  PREFETCHWT1 not supported

--  RDRAND supported

--  RDSEED supported

--  RDTSCP supported

--  RTM supported

--  SEP supported

--  SHA not supported

--  SSE supported

--  SSE2 supported

--  SSE3 supported

--  SSE4.1 supported

--  SSE4.2 supported

--  SSE4a not supported

--  SSSE3 supported

--  SYSCALL supported

--  TBM not supported

--  XOP not supported

--  XSAVE supported

-- TBB include: C:/Program Files (x86)/IntelSWTools/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/tbb/include

-- TBB Release lib: C:/Program Files (x86)/IntelSWTools/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/Release/tbb.lib

-- TBB Debug lib: C:/Program Files (x86)/IntelSWTools/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/Debug/tbb_debug.lib

-- Looking for pthread.h

-- Looking for pthread.h - not found

-- Found Threads: TRUE

-- Configuring done

-- Generating done

-- Build files have been written to: C:/Users/sadhiman/Documents/Intel/OpenVINO/inference_engine_samples_build

###############|| Build Inference Engine samples using MS Visual Studio (MSBuild.exe) ||###############

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\MSBuild.exe" Samples.sln /p:Configuration=Release /t:classification_sample_async /clp:ErrorsOnly /m

Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.2.37902+b5aaefc9f for .NET Framework

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Error

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Thanks for providing a detailed log. I just wanted to update you on what I have tried and the findings that I have so far:

• Taking a look at your logfile I can see that you are using Python 3.7.5
    • I attempted to use this version of Python*, I received a "unsupported version" message when setting up the environment variables (with the setupvars.bat script).
    • I would suggest removing this version and install Python 3.6.5 if possible.
  • I am using Visual Studio 2019 Community with MSBuild installed
    • Checking the README file on the samples directory, I can see that for this particular Visual Studio version (2019) CMake version 3.14 is required.
      • This CMake version (3.14) doesn't match my installed version, I currently have CMake 3.15.2 installed.

My next step is to reinstall the required CMake version for the corresponding Visual Studio 2019 Community version, I would update you as soon as I find out more.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

I have an update, after following the steps listed below I can execute the demo script on Windows 10 just fine. I strongly believe the issue could be related to missing Visual Studio 2019 tools from the original install. Please take a look at your configuration and adjust the options accordingly, as mentioned in bullet #4 below (in BOLD). I am hoping this resolves the problem, please let me know your results from giving this a try.

• Download and install openvino for windows R2.0.1 2019
    • If you plan to use only NCS/NCS2 please check required components as mentioned here , otherwise stick to default selection of all components given by the installer
  • Download and install cmake 3.14.6 (also tested 3.15.2 and it works)
    • Select "Add CMake to system path for the current user"
  • Download and install python 3.6.5 (64-bit version)
    • Select "Add Python 3.6 to PATH"
      • Clarification: the previous error I mentioned was related to a 32-bit version of Python, not necessarily the 3.7 release
  • Download and install Visual Studio 2019
    • Under Workloads select: 
      • Desktop development with C++
      • Universal Windows Platform development
    • Under Individual components select:
      • MSBUILD
    • If you missed selecting these options; re-run the Visual Studio 2019 installer and click Modify, then select options mentioned above. Otherwise you might see an error similar to this: 
  • Set environment variables
    • open CMD window
    • execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\bin\setupvars.bat"
  • Configure the Model Optimizer
    • Selected Option 1, configure the Model Optimizer for all supported frameworks at the same time:
      • cd C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\install_prerequisites
      • install_prerequisites.bat
  • Use Verification Scripts to Verify Your Installation
    • cd C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\
    • demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat -d MYRIAD

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​