Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

I get an error when running the multistick_cpp application from OpenVINO

ABoch5
Beginner

System:

• x86_64 Intel Atom E3845
  • 2 x MyriadX (VPU) via mini-PCI-express
  • Ubuntu16.04.6 LTS (OpenVINO 2019.1.144)

By running `multistick_cpp` example from OpenVINO, I get this message . What does it affect and how to solve this problem?

60817273-04474980-a1a4-11e9-8bf6-89b8bc0aca66.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi ABoch5,

Correct, the Intel Movidius Neural Compute SDK only supports the original Intel Movidius Neural Compute Stick and the OpenVINO toolkit supports both versions of the stick.Could you share the version number of the Intel Movidius NCSDK (cat /opt/movidius/version.txt) and the output of lsusb? The NCSDK should not detect the Intel NCS 2.

OpenVINO does not have the capability to list all available NCS devices or display the VPU usage.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi ABoch5,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support. Could you confirm where you found the multistick_cpp application? I don't believe this application is part of the OpenVINO toolkit but it is part of the Intel Movidius Neural Compute SDK (Intel Movidius NCSDK). However, the Intel Movidius NCSDK does not support for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 (Myriad X).

Have you tried running the sample demo from the open model zoo that uses multiple NCS 2 devices?

https://github.com/yuanyuanli85/open_model_zoo/blob/ncs2/demos/python_demos/multiple_device_ncs2_async.py

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
ABoch5
Beginner

Hi Intel_Jesus,

Thanks!

Could you confirm where you found the multistick_cpp application? I don't believe this application is part of the OpenVINO toolkit but it is part of the Intel Movidius Neural Compute SDK (Intel Movidius NCSDK). 

Yes, it is no from OpenVINO, it is from NCSDK /opt/ncsdk-ncsdk2/examples/app/multistick_cpp

However, the Intel Movidius NCSDK does not support for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 (Myriad X).

Do you mean that? https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/transitioning-from-intel-movidius-neural-compute-sdk-to-openvino-toolkit

• The NCSDK only supports the original NCS.
  • The OpenVINO™ toolkit supports the Intel® NCS 2 and the original NCS.

1. So is there simple utility in OpenVINO that can show all my Myriad X devices?
  2. And how can I see Myriad X usage for each devicies (like `top` command for CPU)?

/opt/ncsdk-ncsdk2/examples/app/hello_ncs_py shows this

python_ncs.jpg

Yes, this demo multiple_device_ncs2_async.py works well, does it mean that both 2 x Myriad X chips works well?

multistick_demo_py.jpg

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi ABoch5,

Correct, the Intel Movidius Neural Compute SDK only supports the original Intel Movidius Neural Compute Stick and the OpenVINO toolkit supports both versions of the stick.Could you share the version number of the Intel Movidius NCSDK (cat /opt/movidius/version.txt) and the output of lsusb? The NCSDK should not detect the Intel NCS 2.

OpenVINO does not have the capability to list all available NCS devices or display the VPU usage.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos