Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6402 Discussions

I want to install and configure Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPU.

YWaka2
Beginner

I am trying to install and  configure Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPU with this URL: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux.html

When I input the command (./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh -d HDDL) in teminal window, some errors occur.

Errors are below.

*[16:33:34.6690][4719]ERROR[AutoBoot.cpp:470] Error: HDDL hardware initialization failed, exits now.

*[16:33:44.6465][4717]ERROR[AutobootStarter.cpp:88] Error: Service wait Autoboot to get ready failed due to timeout after 10 seconds.

*[16:33:44.6466][4717]ERROR[AutobootStarter.cpp:48] Error: Failed to start autoboot

*[16:33:44.6466][4717]ERROR[main.cpp:76] Error: Start Service failed due to autoboot failure

*[16:35:14.7043][4712]ERROR[ServiceStarter.cpp:55] Error: Wait HDDL Service Ready failed.

*[16:35:14.7044][4712]ERROR[ServiceStarter.cpp:29] Error: Failed to start HDDL Service

*[16:35:14.7044][4712]ERROR[HddlClient.cpp:215] Error: Failed to boot service.

What is HDDL hardware?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi YWaka2,

If you are using only the Intel Neural Compute Stick, I recommend using the MYRIAD plugin. Take a look at the Getting Started Guide for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2. It should work on Ubuntu 18.04 but it has not been fully validated. Once you configure the device, try running the sample demo with the following command.

./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh -d MYRIAD

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi YWaka2,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support. HDDL plugin is used to inference on the Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs. You can find a list of Intel Vision Accelerator Designs at the following link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/vision-accelerator-movidius-vpu

You may be missing the additional installation steps this guide: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux_ivad_vpu.html

If that does not work, could you share additional information about your setup?

• What version of the OpenVINO toolkit are you installing?
  • What device are you trying to configure?
  • What OS are you using?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
YWaka2
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

I have already tried to install in https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux_ivad_vpu.html

My PC`informations are below.

• Openvino ver. : 2019.2.275
0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi YWaka2,

It's possible the issue may be in Ubuntu 18.04, the documentation states "Ubuntu 16.04.x long-term support (LTS), 64-bit: Minimum supported kernel is 4.14" as a requirement. What device are you trying to configure? Is it one of the Vision Accelerator Designs or an Intel Neural Compute Stick?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
YWaka2
Beginner

thank you for your reply.

should I use a downgrade Ubuntu16.04LTS ?

I am trying to configure Vision Accelerator Designs.

I want to use Neural Compute Stick.

0 Kudos
YWaka2
Beginner

I downgraded Ubutnu from 18.04 to 16.04LTS.

but I have same errors when I used Ubutnu18.04LTS.

some errors is below.

• [09:00:59.6943][27034]ERROR[AutoBoot.cpp:470] Error: HDDL hardware initialization failed, exits now.
  • [09:01:09.6999][27032]ERROR[AutobootStarter.cpp:88] Error: Service wait Autoboot to get ready failed due to timeout after 10 seconds.
  • [09:01:09.6999][27032]W[AutobootStarter.cpp:98]

** Suggestion: The timeout by default is 10 seconds, and you can increase it by following steps:

(1) Add following entry in $HDDL_INSTALL_DIR/config/hddl_service.config like this:

"service_settings":

{

"autoboot_boot_timeout_sec":  10,

}

(2) Change the '10' to a larger value to increase the time out window, then try again.

• [09:01:09.6999][27032]ERROR[AutobootStarter.cpp:48] Error: Failed to start autoboot
  • [09:01:09.7000][27032]ERROR[main.cpp:76] Error: Start Service failed due to autoboot failure
  • 09:02:39.8260][27027]ERROR[ServiceStarter.cpp:55] Error: Wait HDDL Service Ready failed.
  • [09:02:39.8261][27027]ERROR[ServiceStarter.cpp:29] Error: Failed to start HDDL Service
  • [09:02:39.8262][27027]ERROR[HddlClient.cpp:215] Error: Failed to boot service

Is it because not software but hardware ?

0 Kudos
YWaka2
Beginner

I did successfully when I ran the following command.

1. ./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh -d MYRIAD

thank you for everything which you did for me.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi YWaka2,

If you are using only the Intel Neural Compute Stick, I recommend using the MYRIAD plugin. Take a look at the Getting Started Guide for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2. It should work on Ubuntu 18.04 but it has not been fully validated. Once you configure the device, try running the sample demo with the following command.

./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh -d MYRIAD

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
YWaka2
Beginner

I did successfully.

but I do not have any files and directories.

for example, I do not have inference_engine_samples_build dir although I have inference_engine_demos_build.

Is it because of Ubuntu ver ?

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi YWaka2,

The directory should be there in Ubuntu 18.04 too. Try building the samples running the build_samples.sh scrip located in <openvino install dir>/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples. That will create the inference_engine_samples_build/intel64/Release directory.

You can also find the demos in the open model zoo on github:

https://github.com/opencv/open_model_zoo/tree/master/demos

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
YWaka2
Beginner

I got the inference_engine_samples_build/intel64/Release directory.

What should I do to get the file "squeezenet1.1.xml" under /home/<user>/squeezenet1.1_FP16 dir ?

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

The .xml file is one of two files used for inference, the .xml and .bin file are created with the model optimizer. You can use the squeezenet1.1.xml file with the classification_sample_async sample. Take a look at this page for additional information.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_inference_engine_samples_classification_sample_async_README.html

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi YWaka2,

I am glad you are up and running! If you have any additional questions regarding the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2, feel free to start a discussion on the Intel Neural Compute Sticks Forum.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos