Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

INT8 optimization for text classification model

Rahila_T_Intel

I am trying to convert a FP32 TensorFlow model to INT8. I have done INT8 optimization of models which are trained on images. But, in this case the model is text classification model. I saw so many references to do INT8 conversion in models trained with images. Can you suggest any examples of INT8 optimization for text classification model?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Rahila T,

What is the model topology you used for the text detection? For now, we have a reference config file for quantizing EAST Resnet v1.50 text detection tolology. It is located in <openvino_dir>/deployment_tools/tools/post_optimization_toolkit/configs/example/quantization/text_detection directory.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel

This is a simple tensorflow model we created, for text classification.

While trying the optimization as per the EAST Resnet v1.50 text detection topology, data source is ICDAR2015, Facing the below error:

ValueError: could not broadcast input array from shape (3,1,512) into shape (1,512)

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Rahila T,

Is your sample code detect or specify the 3D text dimension? The ICDAR2015 topology is the text spotting for the 2D dimension. That might be the dimension or arrays are not matched. You'll need to fix that by turning your list into a 2D dimension.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Rahila T,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos