Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Image Segmentation C++ Demo on openvino 2020.3.194 can not print output picture

Mingming_X_Intel
Employee

Hi

Image Segmentation C++ Demo  on the latest openvino toolkit (2020.3.194) can run successfully but can not give the output picture and no error was reported out. When the demo runs, the screen will flash for one time. Note that on openvino 2019_R3.1, the demo can run to give the right picture as output, but after 2019_R3.1, the demo can not give output picture. So I think there may be some errors caused by the openvino version. The log information is shown as below, please check it for details. How can I find the output picture? Thanks very much! 

BR, 

Mingming

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mingming_X_Intel
Employee

Yes, thanks for your answer! You are right, and in addition, I find that setting

-delay 0

in the command line for running c++ demo can resolve the issue, then we'll get result.  

BR

mingming

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Mingming,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We have a forum for specific issues and we are moving this case to that forum so that your query get answered more quickly.

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Mingming Xu,

I've validated the Image Segmentation C++ Demo successfully using semantic-segmentation-adas-0001.xml model for camera input, as shown in the following OpenVINO demo page.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2020.3/_demos_segmentation_demo_README.html#running

Going back to your question, it is to be noted that the segmentation capability for standalone images for Image Segmentation C++ Demo is not supported in the latest versions of OpenVINO.

Alternatively, I would suggest you try Image Segmentation Python demo, which still supports segmentation for standalone images.

More information is available at the following page:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2020.3/_demos_python_demos_segmentation_demo_README.html

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Mingming_X_Intel
Employee

Yes, thanks for your answer! You are right, and in addition, I find that setting

-delay 0

in the command line for running c++ demo can resolve the issue, then we'll get result.  

BR

mingming

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Mingming Xu,

Thank you for sharing your solution with our OpenVINO community.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos