Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Input models for model optimizer

m_v__vyshak
Beginner

Hi

I am using model optimizer to produce a valid Intermediate Representation (.xml and .bin). I want to generate .xml and .bin for the sample “interactive face detection” available within the open vino toolkit

Eventhough there are pre trained models available (face-detection-adas-0001), how can i generate the .xml and .bin files using the command

python3 mo.py –input_model <path_to_model>.caffemodel –input_proto ~/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.3.343/deployment_tools/intel_models/face-detection-adas-0001/face-detection-adas-0001.prototxt

I could find the .prototxt file. The question is where can i get the input model files (.caffemodel or .tensorflow). Since i am new to this, it would be helpful if i could get the path or way to get these input model files

Additionally i tried the command

python3 mo.py –input_model /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.3.343/deployment_tools/intel_models/face-detection-adas-0001.caffemodel –input_proto /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.3.343/deployment_tools/intel_models/face-detection-adas-0001/face-detection-adas-0001.prototxt

This command threw me the following error :

[ ERROR ] The "../intel_models/face-detection-adas-0001.caffemodel" is not existing file

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sreedhar_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Vyshak,

If you install latest OpenVino tool kit, all pre trained models will be copied to /home/youruserid/openvino_models

0 Kudos
mahinlma
New Contributor I

This directory /home/openvino_models has only Squeezenet caffe model.

0 Kudos
Sandhu__Ranjit
Beginner

Morning,

I am also facing same problem as Natarajan,So any idea how to get those models ?

~ranjit

0 Kudos
Sandhu__Ranjit
Beginner

I think we need to run script under ..\deployment_tools\model_downloader\downloader.py yo get the models ...

~ranjit

0 Kudos
Mc__Andrew
Beginner

This doesn't seem to be explained anywhere but you can download them from here: https://download.01.org/opencv/2019/open_model_zoo/R1/models_bin/

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Thank you Sandhu, Ranjit and Mc, Andrew, for answering the question. Actually the download site for the models is mentioned in the actual sample documentation, for example Action Recognition Demo . If you use downloader.py pass in the --all switch which will download all the models. 

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos