Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Integrate Inference engine with external application

HShet1
Beginner

Hi Team,

I have OpenVINO setup on ubuntu 16.04.I was able to build all the sample applications provided with the toolkit.

Now I want to integrate inference engine with our application.For that purpose I simply wrote a cpp code to check how to integrate the same.

But when I compile , I am getting below error even after executing setupvars.sh. Please advise.

Compilation steps:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

make -j4

[  9%] Building CXX object thirdparty/gflags/CMakeFiles/gflags_nothreads_static.dir/src/gflags.cc.o
[ 18%] Building CXX object thirdparty/gflags/CMakeFiles/gflags_nothreads_static.dir/src/gflags_reporting.cc.o
[ 27%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/main.dir/main.cpp.o
[ 36%] Building CXX object common/format_reader/CMakeFiles/format_reader.dir/MnistUbyte.cpp.o
[ 45%] Building CXX object common/format_reader/CMakeFiles/format_reader.dir/bmp.cpp.o
[ 54%] Building CXX object common/format_reader/CMakeFiles/format_reader.dir/format_reader.cpp.o
[ 63%] Building CXX object thirdparty/gflags/CMakeFiles/gflags_nothreads_static.dir/src/gflags_completions.cc.o
[ 72%] Building CXX object common/format_reader/CMakeFiles/format_reader.dir/opencv_wraper.cpp.o
[ 81%] Linking CXX static library ../../intel64/Release/lib/libgflags_nothreads.a
[ 81%] Built target gflags_nothreads_static
[ 90%] Linking CXX executable main
/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.133/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libinference_engine.so: undefined reference to `tbb::interface7::internal::task_arena_base::internal_max_concurrency(tbb::interface7::task_arena const*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/main.dir/build.make:98: recipe for target 'main' failed
make[2]: *** [main] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/main.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/main.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[100%] Linking CXX shared library ../../intel64/Release/lib/libformat_reader.so
[100%] Built target format_reader
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HShet1
Beginner

I have attached sample.cpp and CMakeLists.txt used.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Shetty, Harsha,

If you are using the released version of OpenVino (as opposed to the open source version), you need to follow the  below steps:

1) Copy classification_sample into a new folder and rename that folder to your sample name

2) In the CMakeLists.txt file change set (TARGET_NAME "classification_sample") to your sample name

3) Drop your main.cpp into that folder

3) run setupvars.bat under bin

4) run build_samples_msvc.bat under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.1.148\inference_engine\samples

If you wish to make a more complex project, it's better to use the open source version (link given above) and follow these steps:

https://github.com/opencv/dldt/issues/173

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
HShet1
Beginner

I have setup on ubuntu 16.04 (Virtual Machine).

OpenVINO version: openvino_2019.1.133

I need to compile a code seperately using inference engine library making changes only in CMakeLists.txt and by executing cmake and make.I would not like to use build_samples.sh.Please advise.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Shetty, Harsha,

Using a Virtual Machine should not matter. Also we are about to release OpenVino 2019R2, so 133 is a very old version of OpenVino. As stated above I said :

If you wish to make a more complex project, it's better to use the open source version (link given above) and follow these steps:

https://github.com/opencv/dldt/issues/173

If you follow the steps in the issue I pointed to above using https://github.com/opencv/dldt you will accomplish your task.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos