Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Intel Movidius HDDL Card not working with Protobuf 3.11.2

YXia3
Beginner

Dear Intel,

I am currently using OpenVino 2019 R3,  Ubuntu 18 and Mustand V100-MX8 Movidius HDDL card plugged into the server.

Currently when my code utilizes Google Protobuffer (version 3.11.2) to store the messages and saved it as a files.

When I run in CPU mode, the program runs properly, however, when I run in HDDL mode, the program always ends up with a segmentation fault.

I am not sure what is the problem, any possible explanation will be very much appreciated, thanks

Best,
Yingyu

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Yingyu,

Have you followed these configuration steps and was able to run the verification scripts with the HDDL Plugin?

Also, please share the complete error logs.

Thank you,

Jaivin

0 Kudos
YXia3
Beginner

Dear Javin,

We have completed the configuration steps and even ran the verification scripts with the HDDL plugin as shown below.

In fact, I am even able to run the people detection algorithm (without protobuf) code on the HDDL, but once I include the Protobuf code xx.pb.cc in my CMakeLists.txt there will be segmentation fault (even if I did not include any protobuf code in main.cpp). The error code is simply a line segmentation fault as shown below.

If you require any more information do let me know, thanks

Hope you could advice any possible reasons for this behavior, thanks

Best,
Yingyu

0 Kudos
YXia3
Beginner

Hi Javin,

Figured out why was there a segmentation fault, basically the protobuf versions required for HDDL is 3.6.2 and not 3.11.2, after changing it, it worked, thanks

Best,

Yingyu

0 Kudos
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

I'm glad that you were able to figure it out. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks,

Jaivin

0 Kudos